About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 June 2021

Celestial Earrings





The season of making summer clothes starts with earrings beading and that is very good because on the first weekend after school term's finishing, I usually feel a little lost. I guess it is because of the great contrast between the intensity of the previous weeks and sudden days off freedom when there is neither routine nor test students' works to prepare and check. But instead of doing my favourite things, I do nothing of the kind on such days. Fortunately, this year my awareness of wasting time on Saturday was very strong and I made a pair of earrings from my imaginary list of the desired beading :-)   




"Неземні" сережки 



Сезон пошиття літнього одягу починається з виготовлення сережок і це дуже добре, тому що перших вихідних по закінченню семестру почуваюся трохи розгубленою. Думаю, через великий контраст між напругою попередніх тижнів і раптовою свободою вихідних днів, коли не треба ані готувати ані перевіряти щоденні або тестові учнівські роботи. Але, замість зайнятися улюбленими справами, в такі дні я зазвичай нічого подібного не роблю. На щастя, цього року моє усвідомлення марнування часу у суботу було дуже міцним і я зробила пару сережок з мого уявного списку бажаного бісероплетіння :-) 




The pattern Celestial Earrings, from Kelly Weise's book Exotic Adornments, published in Beadwork magazine February/March 2017. The pattern is not hard, the instruction is very clear. I experimented a little with the colours, of course, and replaced 2 mm glass pearls for 8.0 seed beads as didn't like my colour match although I guess with 2 mm the earrings peyote loops would look more convex and thus even more interesting. They are stiff enough as I got them after two times of reinforcing. 




Модель Celestial Earrings від Kelly Weise, з її книги Exotic Adornments, опубліковано в журналі Beadwork February/March 2017. Модель неважка у виконанні, інструкції зрозумілі. Звісно, трохи експерементувала з кольорами, і замінила 2 мм перлини на бісер 8.0, тому що ті кольори, які в мене є, не сполучалися, хоча, думаю, що з перлинами пейоточні кільця сережок виглядали б більш рельєфними і ще цікавішими. Кільця достатньо жорсткі після двох проходів лінню.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are amazing! I don't know how you do it, but you are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, for such a flattering opinion😊

      Delete