About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

21 June 2021

Ruffle Dress

 

At the very beginning, something went wrong with this dress sewing. Generally, I had no plan to make it at all. I mean I didn't mind doing that but not so much to buy fabric specially for it. But suddenly I came across  4.5 m of rayon for almost nothing and decided that I would sew of it whatever I want. As the fabric is thin and quite soft, the ruffles seemed to be an ideal element to make of it. Thus the choice was made. Before cutting light fabrics I always wash them. This time wasn't an exception but for some unexplainable reason, I hung the piece to dry near a high rose bush (the one on the photos but it had no flowers then). On a windy day, all the 4.5 meters became entangled with its twigs in no time and I found out that only when came to take the fabric away. Delicate silky material was almost spoiled with snags as it happens on tights! So I had to make some extra efforts to cut the dress to avoid damaged parts. Besides, the fabric is one of those you never know where its right or wrong side. And when the dress was almost ready I had to rip out the skirt ruffle as one of its four parts was stitched by the wrong side.  As you see, the process of the sewing made me a little upset at some points but as soon as I put the garment on, all those nuisances were forgotten and the outcome turned to be enjoyable:-) 


Сукня зі шлярками 


Із самого початку з пошиттям цієї сукні щось пішло не туди. Я її і шити не планувала. Маю на увазі, була б не проти, але не aж так, щоб спеціально для неї купувати тканину. Але раптом натрапила на 4,5 метри віскози за майже безкоштовно і вирішила, що пошию з них що захочу. Оскільки тканина тонка і доволі м'яка, шлярки видалися ідеальним елементом для неї. Так і був зроблений вибір. Перед тим як шити з легких тканин я завжди їх перу. Цей раз не став виключенням, тільки сушитися відріз я, з якоїсь неосяжної причини, повішала біля високого трояндового куща (того самого що на фото, тільки тоді він був без квітів). У вітряний день всі 4,5 метри опинилися серед його гілок мабуть одразу, але я це з'ясувала лише коли прийшла тканину знімати. Делікатний шовковистий матеріал майже весь був зіпсований затяжками, як це буває на колготках! Тож довелося докласти зусиль, щоб покроїти сукню уникнувши пошкоджених участків. Крім того, тканина з тих, в яких ніколи не знаєш де лице, а де - виворіт. І, коли сукня була майже готова, довелося випарувати шлярку спідниці, тому що одна з її чотирьох частин, була пришита на зворотню сторону. Видно, що процес пошиття моментами засмучував, але щойно я цю сукню одягнула, всі прикрощі були забуті, а результат приніс лише задоволення :-) 


The chosen model #115 from Burda 1/2021 is really simple to make and very pleasant to wear. While wearing the dress, I tried to imagine if I need such a dress, for example, at the seaside in the hot season. It would be absolutely awesome to wear it for an evening walk if your skin is burnt to beetroot colour in the morning. You can pretend easily to feel well:-) The dress is very light, loose, and almost doesn't touch the body. I omitted a pipe and elastic, the belt of contrast fabric was made instead. 

Flower Bracelet and Beaded Bead Earrings as if made specially to this outfit but they just match perfectly :-)






Обрану модель 115 з Burda 1/2021 справді просто шити і дуже приємно носити. Поки ходила в сукні, намагалася вирішити чи потрібне мені таке вбрання на узбережжі у спеку. Було б прекрасно одягнути її на прогулянку ввечорі, якщо спалила свою шкіру до кольору буряка вранці. Можна було б легко прикидатися, що добре почуваєшся:-) Сукня дуже легка, вільна і майже не торкається тіла. Від чого я відмовилася - від куліски з резинкою, зробила натомість пасок з контрастної тканини. 

Квітковий браслет і сережки з оплетених намистин зроблені наче спеціально до сукні, але вони просто чудово до неї пасують:-) 


As for the sewing itself, I  changed the processing of the neck hole. I stitched details 3 and 4 to the wrong side of the front and back and then stitched to the right side. 





Щодо самого пошиття, змінила обробку горловини. Спочатку притачала деталі 3 і 4 до зворотньої сторони спинки і переду, а потім притачала по лицевій стороні. 

I don't know if I pulled the band at some point but the result was bad. I never believed this way of processing could be nice on any fabric but jersey. So I folded the ready band one more time and sewed it to the neck hole seam and thus it looks like a neat bias binding. 





Не знаю, чи я розтягнула бейку в якійсь момент, але результат був поганий, до того ж не вірилося, що така обробка може бути вдалою на будь якій тканині крім як на трикотажі. Тож склала готову бейку ще раз і підшила в шов притачування: так вона виглядає охайно. 

The ready belt is 180 cm x 3 cm (cut of two parts 92 cm x 8 cm every). 

The dress made of 4.56 m x 85 cm rayon (with remnants, of course:-)); because of the small width of the fabric, the skirt ruffle is made of four parts instead of two.




Готовий пасок 180 см х 3 см (покроєний з двох частин 92 см х 8 см кожна). 

На сукню пішло 4,56 м х 85 см віскози (звісно, з залишками:-)); через малу ширину тканини волан спідниці зроблений з чотирьох частин замість двох.


Even if I don't walk along the sea at night, I can do it along my city's streets during days:-) 


Навіть якщо не гулятиму ввечорі вздовж моря, можу гуляти по вулицях свого міста протягом дня:-)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Summer dress! I was also tempted by this one, although as you mentioned, the neckband bothered me too. I may give it a try but will modify the neckband! Happy Summer strolls! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Julie! I am glad you like my work and surely recommend the pattern but with this modification!
      P.S. And thank you for the right sewing term: I really couldn't match the correct word for that neckhole :-)

      Delete