About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 June 2017

Flower Bracelet, or Stylization



Today is the first day of my vacation. And it is almost evening of it... I don't feel I am free yet, few days are needed to start enjoying it and to want to have something else around but silence.
And all said above doesn't relate the new project... just reasoning aloud:-)
One of the first terms I learnt at school Art lessons was stylization (also possible it is the only term I remember:-)). Now I am old and prone to imply more figurative sense in it but when it goes about beading this term has no interpretation. For example, the flowers of this bracelet can be associated with any flower we can find around: from daisy to rose, thanking to the colour style and the shape of the petals and the author connected it with a hibiscus... probably because its stamen gives no chance to other flowers.



Квітковий браслет, або Стилізація

Сьогодні перший день моєї відпустки. І вже майже його вечір... Ще не відчуваю, що я вільна, декілька днів потрібно, щоб почати цим насолоджуватися і щоб хотіти відчути навколо ще щось  крім тиші.
Все вище згадане не має стосунку до мого нового проекту... просто роздуми вголос:-)
Один з перших термінів, який я вивчила на шкільних уроках малювання був "стилізація" (можливо також, він єдиний, який я пам'ятаю:-)). Зараз я доросла і схильна вкладати в нього більш образний сенс, але коли йдеться про нанизування, цей термін жодних інтерпретацій не має. Наприклад, завдяки кольоровій гамі та формі пелюсток квіти на цьому браслеті можуть асоціюватися з будь якою квіткою, яку можна знайти: від маргаритки до троянди, а ось автор пов'язала її з                                                                                                                            гібіскусом, мабуть тому, що його плодоніжка не залишила                                                                                                                      шансів іншим квітам.




I saw many bracelets of the kind, I mean with the wire framework. I like them so wanted to try to make. This is my first attempt and hope it won't be the last. The pattern by Scarlett Lanson from Beadwork April/May 2009. It was preferred, of course, to match one of the next sewing projects. I beaded with 10.0 seed beads and when sewing all the parts together, also used only bigger seed beads. First flower's petals are not connected tight so I had to add two stamens to cover the holes and when joined the petals of the second flower, just sewed the beaded beads without 15.0. In this way the result was better and one stem was enough.





Я бачила багато браслетів такого типу, тобто на дротяному каркасі. Вони мені подобаються, тож хотілося спробувати зробити. Це моя перша спроба, сподіваюся - не остання. Модель від Scarlett Lanson з "Beadwork" квітень/травень 2009. Звісно, я надала їй перевагу тому, що це доповнення до однієї з майбутніх суконь. Працювала з бісером №10 і, коли зшивала всі пелюстки до купи, не використовувала менший номер. Пелюстки першої квітки не з'єдналися достатньо щільно, тому я додала дві плодоніжки, щоб прикрити дірки і коли зшивала другу квітку, просто зшила намистини між собою без бісеру №15. Це дало кращий результат і тому одної плодоніжки було достатньо.




What I learnt from the project - I am skillful enough to predict what will be wrong with the project:-)
When I started the beading, I thought it would be better to use plastic beads because the pearls are too heavy and I don't know how stiff the wire must be to keep the flowers and not let the bracelet to move down. I didn't replace the beads but consoled with the right thought:-) I decided to use memory wire.  After trying the ready bracelet on, I fell in love with it but to make it look in the way I had imagined, I added a magnetic clasp. So my bracelet is not bangle but it stays in the wrist where I want.
NB! When sewing the flowers to the framework, extra attention is necessary otherwise you will remake it as I did.




Чого мене навчив цей проект - я достатньо кваліфікована, щоб передбачати, що буде не так з проектом:-)
Коли я розпочала  працювати над браслетом, подумала, що було б краще використати пластикові намистини, тому що перлини надто важки і я не знаю, наскільки жорсткою має бути дріт, щоб утримати квіти і не дозволяти браслетові сповзати вниз. Намистини я не замінила, але потішилася своєю здогадкою:-) Використала дріт з пам'яттю. Після примірки браслету я в нього закохалася, проте, щоб він виглядав на руці так, як я собі уявляла, довелося додати магнітну застібку. Тож браслет мій з застібкою, але він сидить на зап'ястку там, де я хочу.
NB! Пришиваючи квіти до основи необхідна додаткова увага інакше доведеться це переробляти так, як довелося мені.



No comments:

Post a Comment