About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 August 2021

Denim Halter Dress



This dress wasn't packed in my this year resort suitcase, as I finished it a few days ago, but it definitely has been included in my sewing list since I was 6 years old:-) Obviously, I don't mean this certain one, it goes about the kind of the garment itself. First time I saw this type of dress in Estonian fashion magazine Silhouette in 1976. My mum could subscribe to it for that only year in some miracle way as in those times it was almost impossible for ordinary people. I have mentioned that edition not once here because it was really my main source of knowledge about fashion and style and their patterns were the first I used along with those I drafted myself in my teens. In our country halter dresses were called sunny ones. It is clear they were meant to be worn mostly in hot summer weather. I still remember that the photo in the magazine showed a long garment, made of green and yellow fabric, only from the back and how it looked from the front the description probably told. Since then I have come across few more alike models but why only now at last made the garment, despite nothing prevented me from making it before, is a riddle for me possible to explain only by the chemistry I felt looking at this pattern:-) 


The earrings could be put on any to match, I chose Twin Beaded Bead pair.

Джинсова сонячна сукня 


Цієї сукні в моїй цьогорічній курортній валізі не було, оскільки я її закінчила лише декілька днів тому, але вона вже точно була в моїй кравецькій черзі на пошиття не менше 46 років:-) Мовиться, звісно, не про цю певну сукню, а про саму ідею такого вбрання. Перший раз подібну модель я побачила в естонському журналі мод "Силует" в 1976. Моїй мамі вдалося підписатися на нього того єдиного року якимось дивом,  адже в ті часи для пересічної людини це було майже неможливо. Я вже не раз згадувала тут цей журнал: для мене він був головним джерелом знань про моду і стиль, а його викрійки - першими, якими користувалася разом з тими, які креслила сама в юнацькі роки. Тут такі сукні тоді називалися "сонячними". Вочевидь тому, що спекотне літо для них найкращий час. Досі пам'ятаю, що фото в журналі демонструвало довге вбрання, пошите з тканини з зелено-жовтим візерунком, лише зі спини, а як воно виглядало з лиця, мабуть, можна було дізнатися з опису.  З того часу натрапляла ще на декілька схожих моделей, але чому зрештою пошила цю сукню лише зараз, хоча нічого і раніше не заважало, залишається для мене загадкою, яку можливо пояснити лише хімією, яку відчула глянувши саме на цю модель:-)  


Cережки можна надягнути будь які, я обрала пару "Намистина з твінів"




My dress was made by Burda PDF pattern 6917B. It has a nice proportion and perfect fit with a slight adjustment. For this dress the fabric is meaningful, at least for me figure. The material must be both good for hot weather so mustn't be thick or  consist of much synthetics and keep the shape as the skirt is narrow. I had this piece of thin stretch denim in my stash for years. It was bought to make a shirt but turned to be too small, and with flaws so probably just waited for the right model.





Сукню пошито за викрійкою PDF Burda 6917B. Вона має гарні пропорції і, з крихітними змінами, чудово сидить. Для цієї сукні дуже важлива правильна тканина, принаймні для моєї фігури. матеріал має бути і гожим для спеки, тож не товстим та з великим вмістом синтетики, але повинен тримати форму, оскільки спідниця вузька. Цей відріз тонкого еластичного джинсу роками лежав в на полиці. Був куплений для пошиття сорочки, але виявився замалим і з дефектами, тож, вочевидь, чекав на правильну модель.




The piece of fabric 1.30 m x 130 cm. As it clear from the photo, it had defective selvages, you see the difference, and partly absence of printing.  



Відріз тканини 1,30 м х 130 см. З фото видно, що мав проблемні кромки, різницю добре видно, та часткову відсутність візерунку. 

For the better fitting, I had to add extra bust dart. It can be any length but pointed to the top of the main one. After trying on the dress I copied the dart to the paper pattern, too, to cut the lining correctly at once.



Для кращої посадки мені довелося зробити додаткову грудну виточку. Вона може бути будь якої довжини, але спрямована до вершини основної. Після примірки цю виточку перенесла на паперову викрійку, щоб покроїти підкладку одразу правильно. 

The lining was cut of the linen remnants. It must be cut slightly smaller, for a a couple of mm, than main details. Both details 6(main and lining) were cut by the biggest line along arm holes and narrowed to size 42 by the neck. 




Підкладку кроїла з залишків  льону. Вона має бути трішечки, на пару мм,  вужчою ніж основні деталі. Обидві деталі 6 (головна і підкладка) покроєні по найбільшому розміру вздовж низу пройм і завужені до розміру 42 до шиї.  





All PDF patterns have drawings of the sewing process but I joined the bodice parts in a slightly different way. 




Всі моделі PDF мають ілюстрації процесу пошиття, але я з'єднувала частини ліфу трішки по іншому. 


All the seams, except the side, are top stitched. 
By the way, the dress can be made combined. When I put the lining and the  back of the flaps on the right side, it looked well. too.



Всі шви, крім бокових, оздоблені подвійною строчкою. До речі, сукню можна пошити комбінованою. Коли я перегорнула підкладку і зворотну частину клапанів на лице, теж гарно виглядало.


The lining along the zipper also was stitched with a sewing machine. 





Підкладку вздовж блискавки теж пристрочила на машинці. 


The back slit was gathered slightly and reinforced to avoid its opening while wearing the dress. 



Кроковий розріз по спинці був трохи призібраний і зміцнений, щоб не розходився під час носіння сукні. 


















To dull a little this shining beauty, Rosy Chants Jacket or Stripy Shirt could be put on :-) 

Щоб трохи приглушити цю сяючу красу, можна накинути жакетик "Рожевий наспів" або "Смугасту сорочку" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment