About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 June 2023

60s Print Fabric Dress

The dress #119 from Burda 5/2023 was included in my sewing for summer list (without certain definition what summer is meant exactly:-)) from the first sight as it requires not much fabric, has simple design and loose silhouette which is perfect for hot weather. The fabric for it was chosen at once, too. This 60s print viscose matched the model well but, to some degree, complicated the work. Finally, the sewing turned to be not so quick as was expected, however, the outcome is cute indeed :-)



Сукня з віскози з візерунком 60-х 


Сукня 119 з Burda 5/2023 потрапила у перелік для літнього пошиття (без певних уточнень, яке саме літо мається на увазі:-)) з першого погляду, оскільки на неї треба небагато тканини, має простий крій і вільний силует гожий для спекотної погоди. З тканиною також одразу визначилася. Ця віскоза з візерунком в стилі 60-х добре підійшла до моделі, але, до певної міри,  ускладнила пошиття. Зрештою, пошиття виявилося не таким швидким, як очікувалося, та результат  справді милий:-) 



As it was mentioned above, the sewing turned to be more complicated than expected. Firstly, because of the print. To get symmetry I transferred the back darts and front pleats a little and made the centre of the motifs the centre of the darts or the pleats. Also I matched the motifs along the side seams. 

The sleeve is 5 cm shorter than in the magazine.




Як вже згадувалося вище, пошиття виявилося трохи складнішим ніж очікувалося. По-перше, через візерунок. Заради досягнення симетрії я трохи перенесла виточки спинки і складки переду та зробила центр мотиву центром виточок та складок. Також я підбирала мотиви, щоб вони збіглися вздовж бокових швів. 

Рукав на 5 см коротший ніж в журналі.



Next changes concerned the silhouette of the dress. The idea of loose garment appealed to me but when I put it on, I saw no shape at all. I surely imagined it in different way so modified the pattern. Some extra fabric was cut off along the side seam around bust area and also the pleats were stitched to 25 cm down. Thus I got what I wanted. By this pattern blouse #120 can be made but for it these changes maybe won't be necessary. 

I was surprised that necessity to make changes in such an easy pattern didn't annoy me and I worked with pleasure anyway. Probably because sewing is more a kind of therapy now not to get mad, we are pretty exhausted here although are absolutely ready to resist as long as it's needed.




Наступні зміни стосувалися силуету. Ідея вільної сукні мене приваблювала, але коли її одягнула, я взагалі не побачила жодної форми. У моїй уяві я точно змалювала собі щось інше, тож довелося модель змінити. Трохи зайвої тканини зрізала по бокових швах на рівні бюсту і на 25 см вниз застрочила складку по переду. Так я отримала що хотіла. За цією викрійкою можна також пошити блузку 120, але для неї такі зміни можливо не знадобляться. Мене здивувало, що необхідність робити зміни в такій простій моделі мене не дратувала і я все одно працювала з задоволенням. Мабуть тому, що шиття зараз більше є щось на кшталт терапії, щоб не сказитися: ми тут доволі виснажені, але абсолютно готові чинити опір стільки, скільки треба.



I was wearing the outfit last Sunday to go out, on that day the dress was completed with Guelder Rose earrings and necklace and Dance Around Dress bracelet. It made my day indeed. And I am very thankful to my mom for these photos under rain :-) 




Одягнула вбрання минулої неділі, щоб вийти в люди. Того дня сукню доповнила сережками і намистом "Калина" та браслетом "Танок навколо сукні". І це  такі створило настрій, а ще я дуже вдячна моїй мамі за ці фото під дощем :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment