About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 June 2023

Yellow Cotton Classic Trousers

 
It is probably the second time when I  say I'm excited about trousers :-) And this time they are yellow again, maybe  it's not worth sewing the pants in different colours for me at all? The pattern #125 from Burda 3/2023 caught my eye and found itself on the top of the wish list at once. From the first sight I knew I would make it and what fabric would be used. The excursion to Dobroslav Park near Odesa last Sunday was a good reason to plunge quickly into the sewing as the weather here is right for wearing such trousers now. I just in love with them, their fitting, balance of width/ease and comfort. 


Жовті бавовняні класичні штани 

Це, мабуть другий раз я кажу, що в захваті від штанів :-) І цього разу вони знову жовті, можливо мені взагалі не варто шити штани інших кольорів? Модель 125 з Burda 3/2023 одразу спіймала мене на гачок і опинилася вгорі списку бажань. З першого погляду знала, що я їх шитиму і з якої тканини. Екскурсія до Доброславу під Одесою стала гарною нагодою, щоб швидко зануритися у пошиття оскільки погода тут зараз саме щоб одягати такі штани. Я от закохана в те, як вони на мені сидять, в баланс ширини та свободи облягання та їхню зручність. 





I did try to do my best while sewing them, didn't ignore any detail, even made the pockets despite I rarely make them in trousers. The fabric is dense but not stiff cotton without stretch. To tell the true, it reminds denim of good quality but as it was bought in a stock store I can't say that for sure. I also had to use the materials from my stash thus among four trousers zippers chose the white one although was inclined to the pink :-) And lengthened the item to 5 cm. 






Я справді старалася пошити штани якнайкраще, не оминула жодної деталі, навіть зробила кишені, чого зазвичай уникаю в брюках. Тканина - щільна, але не жорстка бавовна без еластану. По правді, нагадує джинс гарної якості, але купувала відріз колись давно в стоковій крамниці, тож напевно не можу сказати. Також мала використовувати матеріали з запасів, тож з чотирьох брючних блискавок вшила білу, хоча схилялася до рожевої :-) Штани подовжила на 5 см. 






The instruction says to press the fold in the centre of the front, I stitched a tuck instead because 100% cotton fabric would never save that pleat. The loops I made are a little narrower as half rings I had in stash were 2 cm. 


Інструкція каже запрасувати складку по середині передньої частини, замість цього я її застрочила, тому що на 100% бавовняна тканина ніколи не триматиме такої складки. Хомутики у мене трохи вужчі, тому що півкільця, які у мене були в запасі, 2 см. 





After visiting magic  Dobroslav's parks, which are a real handmade fairy tale risen on the spots of former landfills and abandoned places thanking locals' hard work and creativity, we headed to Tylygulsky Lyman to breathe with fresh air, have dinner and wander a little along its coast. 



Відвідавши чарівні парки Доброславу, які є справжньою рукотворною казкою, що виникла на місцях сміттєзвалищ та пустирів завдяки важкий праці та творчості місцевих мешканців, ми вирушили до Тилигульського лиману подихати свіжим повітрям, пообідати та трохи прогулятися вздовж його берегів.

No comments:

Post a Comment