About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 June 2023

Long Sheath Dress

 

I've got few new-made things to tell about and share here but the foremost is this long sheath dress, one of the best garments I've made lately. I must admit that after sewing my Albanian Jeep Safari Dress, which pattern #6497 I consider one of the worthiest, the pattern #6807 became an undoubtful favourite as well. Fabulous bright blue colour of the viscose fabric I used makes the garment lively and draws attention. Thus I am so happy with  this quick simple with great fitting model that can't but recommend it to everybody with great pleasure. 



Довга сукня-футляр 


Маю декілька новозроблених речей, про які розповідатиму тут, але на першому місті за, скажімо, ефектом є ця нова довга сукня,  одна з найкращих речей, які я пошила останніми роками. Маю відмітити, що після пошиття моєї сукні "Албанське джип-сафарі", чию викрійку 6497 я вважаю одною з найвартісніших, модель 6807 стала так  само безсумнівним фаворитом. Казковий яскравий блакитний колір віскози яку я використала додає вбранню жвавості та притягує увагу. Тож я справді задоволена цією простою швидкою з прекрасною посадкою моделлю, що з задоволенням не можу не порекомендувати її всім і кожному.


I didn't line the dress as my fabric is not sheer, quite heavy and drapes well. Thus to process the neck hole I cut the facings. 

I also refused from a zipper despite the dress is quite fitted. 




Обійшлася без підкладки оскільки тканина у мене не прозора, важка і м'яко спадає. Тож для обробки горловини я покроїла обшивки. 

Також я обійшлася без блискавки хоча сукня доволі облягаюча. 





The armholes are processed with bias binding. 

On unknown reason the Burda PDF patterns have no model's back drawing so the slit in the centre back was a surprise:-)

The great fitting of the garment is achieved by two darts, from the armhole and a curve dart from the side seam. This latter one is my favourite as it always provides the best fitting. 






Пройми оброблені косими бейками. 

З невідомої причини PDF викрійки Burda не мають малюнку спинки, тож шлиця по центу спинки стала сюрпризом :-) 

Прекрасна посадка вбрання забезпечується двома виточками: однією з пройми, а інша - вигнута з бокового шва. Ця остання - моя улюблена, вона завжди гарантовано забезпечує найкращу посадку. 







To decorate the dress I matched Icicle earrings and Snowflake rope III



Щоб прикрасити сукню, підібрала сережки "Бурульки" та намисто "Сніжинка ІІІ".

No comments:

Post a Comment