About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 August 2020

Wirework Ring, or No Matter How to Have Fun

 




These days I was looking through videos from one of the beaders I follow on YouTube and noticed her tutorial for a wirework rings for the beginners. It made me smile at once as I remembered immediately wire rings made in my childhood. So I couldn't help looking for some more variations of the same items from other authors.  And after watching a couple of them rushed to my studio to gather the materials to make such a ring. 


Каблучка з дроту, або Чим би не тішитися 




Днями я переглядала відео одної з майстринь, на яку підписана на YouTube, і помітила її майстер клас з виготовлення каблучки з дроту для початківців. У мене це викликало посмішку, тому що я одразу згадала як ми крутили каблучки з дроту в дитинстві. Тож не могла не пошукати ще варіантів виготовлення таких самих "поробок" у інших авторів і переглянувши ще пару записів, рушила до своєї майстерні збирати матеріали, щоб зробити таку каблучку. 





I found a pack of wire bought years ago on sale. It turned to be soft enough to work with. All the authors used a special ring mandrel for keeping the ring's shape  for the necessary size. Of course, I was not going to buy it to make one ring so wrap the bead right on my finger. I got nice enough but the ring made on the middle finger fitted only my little one.



  

Знайшла паковання дроту куплене роки тому на розпродажі. Він виявився достатньо м'яким для роботи. Всі автори користувалися спеціальним осердям для каблучок, щоб вони тримали форму для необхідного розміру. Звісно, я такого не збиралася купувати, тож обгортала намистину одразу на пальці. Вийшло непогано, але каблучка, виготовлена на середньому пальці, налізла лише на мізинець. 




So I went on with another bead. And this time wrapped the bead on two fingers. In this way I got the necessary size. I also made a ring like in the childhood. The progress is obvious 😉




Тож я продовжила з ще однією намистиною. Але цього разу обмотувала намистину одразу на двох пальцях і так отримала необхідний розмір. Я також зробила каблучку як в дитинстві. Прогрес - очевидний 😉

3 comments: