About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 January 2024

Jersey Green Skirt

 




The skirt #106 was destined to be sewed from the first sight as the model in the magazine is made of the jersey in the same colour, and when I saw the preview of Burda 4/2023, I was thinking over the skirt to match the blouse I was going to sew to take part in the challenge #sewaprilblouse23. I even registered on Instagram for the the sake of that but the cut blouse is still in the bag waiting for the next April, or just for the right time to be finished. Instead I've already got the skirt which pairs greatly with my Pepper Blouse made without any challenges and which I wear actively this season. The fabric also has a story, it is a suit jersey dense and thick enough with moderate stretch. I had about 2.5 m of it and when russian invasion started, it was one of the pieces I used to black out as during almost the whole first year of the Big war we could switch on the light for only urgent necessity and lived like moles most of time. So when that regime was over, I decided to make something beautiful of those materials would be a good symbolic idea. And here it is. I've already worn it a couple of times but as much as I like how the skirt fits and suits me, and how comfortable it is, I'd rather not put it off :-) 


Matching accessories are Chili Peppers and Fur Tree Necklaces.



Спідниця 106 була приречена на пошиття з першого погляду, оскільки модель в журналі пошита з трикотажу такого самого кольору, і, коли я побачила перший огляд Burda 4/2023,  саме обмірковувала фасон спідниці, яка мала б доповнити блузку, яку я збиралася пошити беручи участь у челенджі #sewaprilblouse23. Заради того я навіть зареєструвалася в Інстаграмі, але покроєна блузка і досі лежить у мішку, мабуть в очікуванні наступного квітня або просто свого часу, щоб її дошили. Натомість у мене є спідниця, яка прекрасно поєднується з  моєю "перченою" блузкою, яку я пошила без жодних челенджів і цього сезону частенько одягаю. 

Тканина теж з історією. Це  достатньо товсте і щільне, з помірним стречем костюмне джерсі. У мене його було десь 2,5 м і коли почалося російське вторгнення, воно стало одним з відрізів, які я використовувала для світломаскування оскільки майже весь перший рік великої війни ми могли вмикати світло лише за нагальної потреби тож більшість часу жили як кроти. Коли цей режим закінчився, я вирішила, що було б гарною символічною ідеєю пошити щось красиве з тих відрізів і ось маю собі. Вже декілька разів одягала її, але воліла б не знімати - аж так мені подобається і як на мені ця спідниця сидить і як вона мені пасує:-) 


Підхожі аксесуари - два намиста "Перчинки" та "Ялинка".


I sewed the skirt with pleasure. I didn't measure how much fabric I used exactly but what is left probably would be enough for a waist or shorts. I followed the instruction. The sewing is not hard as the fabric is dense. The waist edge is reinforced with firm interfacing tape.


Шила спідницю з задоволенням. Не міряла, скільки точно в мене залишилося тканини, але на якійсь жилет або на шорти має вистачити. Слідувала інструкції. Пошиття нескладне, оскільки тканина щільна. Зріз по талії зміцнений жорсткою флізеліновою стрічкою.







Despite I like the goldish buttons on the model's pockets in the magazine, for my hips it is more practical to sew the ones in the hue of the fabric. 


Хоча мені сподобалися золотисті ґудзики на кишенях моделі в журналі, для моїх стегон ґудзики в тон тканини більш практичні.



I decided to line the skirt but as my lining is not stretching, I cut every detail  about 2,5 cm wider than the main parts. 


Вирішила посадити спідницю на підкладку. Але оскільки підкладкова тканина тут не еластична, кожну деталь покроїла десь на 2,5 см ширше ніж основні частини.

2 comments:

  1. This is à lovely skirt! Well done! And this is such a great colour! I noticed this pattern and was tempted to make it however, the length is a problem for me. With my short legs I would have to shorten or lengthen it and I'm not sure... On the fence with this one.... Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! :-) I think if it is necessary to shorten it, I guess it's better not just to shorten the length. In my opinion, it can be done proportionally, at least I always shorten the things in this way. E.g. if you need to shorten the skirt for 3 cm, divide it for three and then shorten 1 cm from the length, 1 cm along the widest part on the hips line, and 1 cm between these lines. If it makes sense.

      Delete