About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 September 2024

Far-Off Lands Loose Dress


My vacation is over and I am moving from the position of an active needlecrafter to the position of a dreamer in the world of needlecrafter's imagination. When I put on this new garment and looked at my reflection in the mirror, one thought crossed my mind. I discovered that this year I haven't written any traditional post about my regular plan to spend a couple of weeks at the seashore. So I drew a conclusion if I don't work on my holiday wardrobe, I wouldn't be ready to that if  the case happens :-) The big motifs of the fabric chosen for sewing this loose comfortable dress good both for wandering around cosy beautiful towns and visiting beaches, certainly conjured up the images of far captivating lands with lovely landscapes which are so pleasant to miss and dream about.



Вільна сукня "Далекі краї"


Відпустка закінчилася і я переходжу зі стану активного рукотворця в стан мрійника у світі рукотворних фантазій. Коли я одягнула це нове вбрання і подивилася на своє відображення в дзеркалі, у мене промайнула думка, що цього року я не написала жодного традиційного допису про свій регулярний план провести пару тижнів на морському узбережжі. Тож я дійшла висновку, що якщо не працюватиму над своїм відпускним гардеробом, то буду до того не готова, якщо раптом воно трапиться:-) Тканина, яку я обрала для цієї зручної вільної сукні гожою як для прогулянок затишними гарними містечками так і для походів на пляж, своїми великими мотивами саме і навіяла мені образи далекіх привабливих берегів з чарівними пейзажами, за якими так приємно сумувати та мріяти.


This effective viscose twill matched perfectly pattern #124 from Burda 6/2024 as the dress has no extra line. The sewing must have been quick but I cut it two weeks ago and finished only yesterday: school start is mostly a dead season in my sewing room. I changed nothing but shortened the dress for about 3-4 cm as it is too long for my 165 cm height. The garment is really loose, I made size 42 but 40 would be not bad as well if only it woudln't be  narrow to walk easily.



Цей ефектний віскозний твіл ідеально підійшов до моделі 124 з Burda 6/2024 оскільки сукня не має жодної зайвої лінії. Пошиття мало бути швидке, але покроїла я її ще два тижні тому, а закінчила лише вчора: початок школи - переважно мертвий сезон у мене в майстерні. В моделі нічого не міняла, тільки вкоротила її десь на 3-4 см, бо для моїх 165 см зросту сукня аж занадто довга. Силует справді вільний, я пошила розмір 42, але і 40 був би добре, аби не став завузький для вільної ходьби.




To sew the dress took 2 m of the fabric and the remnants were used to make a belt, I like to wear garment better with it. To decorate the image I chose Silver Rain, and Freezing Wind Necklaces and earrings



На пошиття сукні пішло 2 м тканини, а залишків було достатньо щоб зробити пасок, і з ним мені подобається носити сукню більше. Щоб прикрасити образ, я обрала намиста "Срібний дощик", "Морозний вітерець" та сережки.

No comments:

Post a Comment