About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

31 August 2024

Cosmea Pleated Dress

Last summer I was lucky to have few short trips around Cherkaschyna and wrote a couple of posts about them in the context of my sewing. One garment wasn't shared then on some reasons thus I want to refresh those moments telling about the dress made specially for one of the trips. The days were very hot and to fell comfortable I needed something very light nd loose. Model #112 from Burda 2/2023 seemed one of the best choices. To make it I used very thin and quite sheer batiste, and the deep pleats let me avoid using lining. 



Сукня в складки "Космея"


Минулого літа мені пощастило трохи помандрувати Черкащиною і я зробила декілька дописів про ті поїздки в контексті мого шиття. Один з нарядів не отримав тоді опису з певних причин, тож хочу освіжити ті спогади розповідаючи про сукню пошиту спеціально до однієї з тих подорожей. Дні були спекотні і я  потребувала чогось легкого і вільного. Модель 112 з Burda 2/2023 здалася одним з найкращим варіантів. Для пошиття я вибрала дуже тонкий і доволі прозорий батист, а глибокі складкі дозволили уникнути пришивання підкладки.


As I am a busty girl, the straight pleats from the shoulders to the bust created rather fluffy shapeless look so I narrowed the bodice at the end of the pleats and this made a bit fitted silhouette which suits me better. I made that both on the back and on the front but after the trip the change on the back was ripped to the initial pattern as in hot weather I felt too sweaty with that extra fit.

The garment is wide and loose enough to omit a zipper. 



Оскільки я дівчина з помітним бюстом, прямі складки від плечей створювали занадто пишний вигляд копиці сіна, тож я завузила верхню частину в кінці складок і це утворило невеличке прилягання, яке мені краще пасує. Я це зробила і на спинці і по переду, але після мандрівки на спинці ці зміни випорола і повернулася до початкового варіанту, тому що з тим додатковим приляганням у найспекотніші години забагато пітніла. 

Вбрання достатньо широке і вільне, щоб обійтися без блискавки.



This part of the trip included staying in the Heart of Ukraine, unbelievable patriotic landmark representing all the regions of Ukraine as our country's wings and her Heart Beating (you can hear it clicking the video), and several relaxing hours in the Valley of Flowers, a picturesque place created to relieve stress and anxiety. 


Ця частина подорожі включала відвідування Серця України, неймовірного патріотичного місця, яке предстваляє всі області України у вигляді її крил та її сердцебиття (його можна почути тицьнувши на відео), а також декілька годин відпочинку в Долині квітів, мальовничої місцини створеної знімати тривожність і напругу.




No comments:

Post a Comment