About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 February 2016

Spikes & Co (pendant)


Well, all the company is together now... And ready for the adventures... if, of course, anything like this ever happens to jewelry :-) I like the result I've got if to forget about the term of making the pendant. Three weeks of creative pangs can be justified only either by the author's inexperience or by making a masterpiece (and somebody must earn for living, by the way). So, although modesty is not my distinctive feature, I should confess it is something in the middle:-))

Шипи & компанія (кулон)


Ну ось вся компанія і в зборі... Готові до пригод... якщо, звісно, такі колись трапляються з прикрасами:-) Вийшло непогано, якщо забути про термін виготовлення кулону. Три тижні творчих мук можна виправдати або недосвідченістю автора, або створенням шедевра (та ще треба і на життя заробляти), то хоч скромність  не є моєю чеснотою, маю зізнатися, що результат десь по середині :-))



While designing the pendant the aim was to avoid the entire repetition of the earrings' and the bracelet's design. I only wanted to use the same colour style and materials.

Коли вигадувала цей кулон, моєю метою було уникнути повного повтору дизайну сережок і браслета. Я лише хотіла використати однакові матеріали та дотримуватися заданої кольорової гами.


The process started with beading a cabochon. To choose what I need to do for it with my materials, I decided to string different kinds of beads alternating them with spikes and tried them on the pictures which were considered to be future cabochon's back. Very effective method, I certainly will use it again and again.



Процес розпочався з обплетення кабошону. Щоб вибрати, як я можу це зробити з матеріалів, які маю, вирішила нанизувати різні види намистин по черзі з шипами та приміряти їх на світлини, які могли б стати майбутнім фоном кабошону. Дуже ефективний метод, до речі, тому буду користуватись їм і надалі.



The variant of  the spikes  alternating with cuts seemed to be the best. So after gluing the cabochon to the piece of a postcard I beaded such first row.




Шипи поєднані з рубкою здалися мені найкращим варіантом, тому після наклеювання кабошону на клаптик листівки, я нанизала такий перший ряд.




At first I beaded the cabochon's back with twins. It was not long and hard because I already had done it for this rivoli. But this time I worked from the longer row and made decreasing of the twins to the centre.



Спочатку обплела задню частину кабошону твінами. Це було нескладно і недовго, тому що я вже це робила для цього ріволі. Але тут роботу розпочала з довшого ряду, а потім до центру твіни убавляла.




Then after some time of the experimenting beaded the front of the cabochon.




Потім, витративши трохи часу на експерименти, обплела лицеву частину.





After much more time of thinking and trying what necklace I wanted, the next steps were making the beaded beads. The first one is from 4 mm pearls and 10.0 seed beads. These latter ones are necessary not only to embellish the ready bead but to make it sturdy as well.
When making the element for the necklace as you see at first I used blue 4 mm bicones but in the ready piece they looked not so good so I changed them for topaz colour.
I already used the tutorials for making such bead, for example, in this project.


Після набагато довших спроб і роздумів, яке ж все ж таки я хочу намисто, наступними кроками були виготовлення намистин. Перші - з 4 мм перлів з додаванням бісеру №10. Цей останній необхідний не лише для краси, а і для зміцнення намистини.
На фото видно, що для створення елементу спочатку я використала блакитні 4 мм біконуси, але в готовому виробі вони виглядали недоречно, тому замінила їх на кольору топаза.
МК з виготовлення таких намистин я вже використовувала, наприклад, для цього намиста.



To make a  beaded bead from twins I used this tutorial from +Beadaholique. This bead turned out to be very wobbly so it had to be reinforced with seed beads as well. To make the elements the blue bicones matched well here.
Good question is why I so insisted on adding blue colour to the necklace... Just because the ready pendant remind the sun and the sun needs some sky:-)


Щоб зробити намистину з твінів, скористалася цим МК від +Beadaholique. Ця намистина була дуже "живою", тому її теж довелося зміцнювати бісером. Для виготовлення елементу тут блакитні біконуси  згодилися краще.
Гарне питання,  чому я так наполягала на додаванні блакитного кольору до намиста... просто тому, що кулон формою нагадує сонечко, а сонечку потрібно трохи неба:-)


So the elements are ready and now the rope should be made. I chose the tubular herringbone bead weaving with some inclusions... after much experimenting... yes... chose twins for that. Such alternating made a slight spiral effect and the rope reminded some tree branch with buds (my mum said, the branch is old and dry and my opinion is it is awaiting the sun shine to start blossoming).

Отже елементи готові і настав час сплести якусь основу. Я обрала  техніку "ндебеле" з включенням додаткових намистин... після декількох експериментів... так... додавати вирішила твіни. Таке чергування створило дуже легкий ефект спіралі, а готовий джгут нагадав мені гілочку дерева з  бруньками (мама сказала, що гілочка стара і суха, а на мою думку, вона просто чекає на сонячне світло, щоб почати розпускатися).



And the final step is connecting all the elements and waiting for the occasion to wear the necklace:-)



Останній крок - з'єднання всіх елементів у намисто... І чекання на момент, коли його можна буде вдягнути:-)


2 comments:

  1. Похоже на магический знак, символ бога солнца Ярило...или на штурвал на корабле... В любом случае-великолепно!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Дякую за чудовий коментар, раз схоже, то ідею розкрито, можна заглиблюватися у якусь наступну:-)

      Delete