About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

10 February 2016

Spikes & Co (bracelet)

I am still inspired with spikes and not with their associations but with the beads themselves. A couple of weeks ago when posting the earrings I already suggested that my subconsciousness is the only one that could  explain the idea of the attraction but who cares actually... It is one of those occasions again when the result does the only matter. Thus to talk about the unknown makes no sense but obviously the visible ideas can be the subject here. And this time this subject is a bracelet :-)


Шипи & компанія (браслет)


Шипи все ще надихають мене і при тому не їхні асоціації, а самі намистини. Пару тижнів тому, коли описувала сережки, я вже припускала, що лише моя підсвідомість може пояснити причину їхньої привабливості, але кому до того діло насправді... Це знову один з тих випадків, коли результат тільки і має значення. Отож говорити про невідоме жодного сенсу немає, але вочевидь видимі ідеї тут можуть стати предметом обговорення. І цього разу такий предмет - це браслет :-) 




To make the bracelet I used the tutorial from +Potomac Bead Company. I tried to match about the same materials. But the colour style is different, of course.




Щоб зробити браслет, скористалася майстер класом від +Potomac Bead Company . Намагалася підібрати майже такі самі матеріали. Але кольорова гама, звісно, інша.





I followed the instructions almost entirely. But I'd like to admit that it better to make the bracelet not very loose. Spikes, especially if there are many of them, seem to be able to overturn the bracelet. So it is better to keep it right on the wrist.




Я майже цілком дотримувалась інструкцій. Але хотілося б відзначити, що бажано не робити браслет надто вільним. Шипи, особливо якщо їх багато, здається, здатні той браслет перегорнути. Тому краще, щоб він був якраз по зап'ястку.


My only change - the clasp. First I made the bracelet itself. And then joined new thread, beaded 6 seed beads around the end 6 mm glass beads. Then just added jump rings and a lobster claw clasp.
The most interesting part how I am going to fasten it myself when putting it on... although after few minutes of trying I managed to do at last... and with the left hand only...

Моя єдина зміна - застібка. Спочатку  зробила  браслет. І лише потім приєднала нову нитку, нанизала по 6 бісерин на кінцеву скляну намистину, потім просто додала кільця і застібку.
Найцікавіше, як я збираюсь самостійно застібати браслет, коли вдягатиму... Хоча після декількох хвилин спроб мені такі зрештою вдалося це зробити... але чомусь лише лівою рукою...


6 comments:

  1. Очень хороший, интересный :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cudowla bransoletka Oksana. Pozdrawiam cieplutko:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Мне, почему-то, браслет напоминает...гусеницу.. Но не простую.., а гусеницу-КОРОЛЕВУ! Красота!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Мені теж... а ще - трактор..:-)Королева - завжди королева, а хоч би і гусінь... Дякую за гарні слова, мотивують до подальших експериментів!!!

      Delete