About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 June 2016

Peyote Triangle, or Cupid's Arrow Earrings :-)


Playful summer time and the month of red let us fantasise about small  baby look creatures who are considered to be flying around and aim our hearts with their arrows. I haven't seen any for ages but who cares? :-)
These deep and clever thoughts occurred to me while I was focusing on the idea for the new earrings. The only data was to have them  red and white because they are meant to be an accessory for the outfit in the same colours. Few attempts to create something left me in the cold zone. And it is always a clear sign of my wrong choice either of the pattern or materials. Changing the materials was  the first need and as soon as red cut beads in my stash caught my eye, the second problem - choosing the pattern - was solved on its own because there are a lot of patterns that I'd like to make from these beads. The result is these shining triangles reminding the arrowhead. 


Мозаїчний трикутник, або стріла Амура (сережки) :-)


Грайливий літній настрій та червень місяць дозволяють нам пофантазувати про маленьких істот, по вигляду - маляток, які, кажуть, літають навколо і вражають наші серця своїми стрілами. Я, правда, вже сто років жодного не бачила, але що з того? :-)
Такі глибокі і розумні думки роїлися у мене в голові поки я обдумувала ідею для нових сережок. Єдиними вихідними даними була червоно-біла кольорова гама, тому що сережки задумані як аксесуар до відповідного вбрання. Декілька спроб щось створити залишали мене в зоні "холодно". А це завжди очевидний знак того, що я помиляюсь або з вибором моделі або з матеріалами. Зміна останніх - перша необхідність і щойно моє око зупинилося на цій червоній рубці - проблема з дизайном вирішилася сама по собі, тому що є дуже багато виробів, які б мені хотілося зробити з рубки. В результаті я отримала ці сяючи трикутнички, які нагадують наконечник стріли.

To make such an element is easy. Different kinds of seed beads are possible to use but the best are considered to be delica beads which are very expensive and not very available here so I used Czech cut beads, they are cheap and inspiring enough. I already made few projects from them and they never betrayed my expectaions.
There are many tutorials to make such triangles in different languages but I followed this one. The video is short, very instructive and wordless:-)
The tutorial is for a pendant so for the earrings I beaded less rows.
One more notion. Such elements can be volume (3D). In this case two triangles are made, sewed partly, stuffed and then sewed fully and then the tutorial can be used only for making a triangle because here the second triangle is beaded from the first one  and the ready element is flat (on the photo).

Зробити такий елемент просто. Різні види бісеру можна використати, але ідеальним вважається деліка, дуже дорогий і у нас не дуже доступний сорт, тому я користуюся чеською рубкою. Вона дешева, але створює чудовий переливчастий ефект у виробі. Я вже зробила декілька речей з такого бісеру і він виправдовує всі сподівання.
Майстер класів, як зробити такий трикутник, багато і різними мовами, але я обрала цей. Відео - коротке, інструктивне і без слів:-) Майстер клас для кулону, отже для сережок я нанизала менше рядів.
Ще одне зауваження - такі елементи можуть бути об'ємними. В такому випадку плетуть два трикутники, частково їх зшивають, потім наповнюють чимось і потім зшивають до кінця. Цей МК для цього підходить лише в частині плетіння першого трикутника, тому що другий плететься з середини першого і готовий елемент виходить пласким (на фото).



When the elements is ready the crafter's soul can't sleep at all because the most interesting part starts. Compiling the earrings: the moment be dependent from the imagination and taste.



Коли елементи готові, душа рукотворниці не може спати, тому що починається найцікавіше. Збирання сережки - час бути залежним від уяви і смаку.




Finally it turned out to be pretty quick to make. And I guess it is a nice variant of the Cupid's belongings :-)



Зрештою, це було доволі швидко зробити. І думаю, це гарний варіант атрибутів Амура :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment