About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 June 2016

London Yellow Taxi (probably:-))


It is not worthy to acknowledge that but I've felt upset because of losing the access to my four-year Burdastyle profile... I was very motivated with my activity there, besides, I have no sewing friends but in the Internet.
It is not the greatest sorrow for anybody especially  in my country, where the war is, but this persuasion doesn't influence me at all. So not to become entirely sad I decided to devote some of my time to seed beads embroidery. It is  very popular here. Right because of this common occupation, our hobby stores have wonderful choice of 10/0 seed beads. I wasn't affected by the temptation to start doing such embroidery quite long. Firstly, bead weaving is much more interesting for me and secondly, I had eight years period of active engagement in cross stitching (the link to some of my works) and had no great wish to come back to that.
But this year  I've got as gifts two pictures to embroider. One of them is this one with some London view. I like it very much: grey city scenery (by the way, I'd like to learn what spot it is) and a bright car as if inviting to adventures. As soon as you get into it, all the world becomes dyed with vivid colours and fills with joy. And while embroidering, I can invent some funny story about what could happen if I found myself in this picture (I did like to do that in my childhood).


                                                                         Жовте лондонське таксі (мабуть:-))


Негоже в цьому зізнаватись, але мене засмутила втрата доступу до мого чотирирічного профілю на Burdastyle... Мене дуже стимулювала діяльність на сайті, до того ж поза Інтернетом у мене немає подруг, які б теж захоплювалися пошиттям.
Це, звісно, не саме велике горе, яке може трапитись із людиною, особливо в моїй країні, де триває війна, але чомусь це вмовляння на мене не діє. Тому, щоб зовсім не засумувати, я вирішила присвятити трохи часу вишиванню бісером. У нас це дуже популярне заняття. Якраз через загальне захоплення такою вишивкою наші крамнички мають чудовий вибір бісеру 10/0. Я довго не піддавалася спокусі поринути в це хобі. По-перше, плетіння бісером для мене набагато цікавіше, а по-друге, у мене був десь 8-річний період активного вишивання хрестиком (посилання на деякі мої роботи), і особливого бажання повертатися до нього у мене не було. 
Але цього року я отримала в подарунок дві картини для вишивання: одна з них - ця, з видом Лондону. Вона мені дуже сподобалася: сірий похмурий міський пейзаж (до речі, треба дослідити, що це за місце) і яскравий автомобіль, наче готовий до пригод: сідаєш в нього і все навколо змінюється, стає наче розписаним яскравими фарбами і наповнюється радістю. А поки вишиватиму, можна вигадати якусь милу історію: щоб трапилося, якби я опинилася в цій картині (в дитинстві я любила таке вигадувати).

No comments:

Post a Comment