About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 February 2017

Frozen Lavender (Necklace)

As always after finishing complex long term project of my own design my mood swings from "WOW, I have made it!" to "I'll never make it any more, only following the ready patterns next time" :-) There's no need to say that the first idea prevails with passing time and the doubts, remaking and disappointments of the latter are fading out during few days and that's why I'll know when I am ready to start something new. I'd say the common pattern of our life can be described in the same way if the post wasn't related to my beading, doesn't it? :-) 


Замерзла Лаванда (намисто)

Як завжди по закінченні складного довготривалого проекту за власним дизайном мій настрій коливається від "Не можу повірити, що я це зробила!" до "Ніколи в житті такого не робитиму, лише наслідування готових зразків!" :-) Марно казати, що з часом перша думка бере гору, а сумніви, переробки і розчарування другої розсіюються протягом декількох днів і так я дізнаюся, що готова починати щось нове. Я б сказала, що так можна описати загальну модель нашого життя, якби цей допис не стосувався мого бісероплетіння, чи не так? :-)



I wish I could repeat here the same words from the Frozen Lavender earrings post. I mean "If all the details are ready, the only thing to do is to assemble them together" and generally it would be almost true because the final result of any project is the elements composed together but in this case this process took ten days and it  was much longer than making the navette components
At first I drew a sketch of the ready necklace. Then beaded two kinds of ropes: tubular peyote from 10.0 seed beads of three colours and tubular herringbone from cut beads of three colours.
Хотілося б мені повторити тут слова з допису про сережки "Замерзла лаванда", а саме: "Якщо всі деталі готові, єдине, що лишається зробити - зібрати їх до купи". І загалом це було б цілком правильно, бо будь який готовий виріб - це упорядковані і з'єднані разом елементи, але в цьому випадку процес зайняв десять днів і це було набагато довше ніж обплетення наветт
Спочатку намалювала ескіз готового намиста. Потім сплела два види джгутів: пейоточний з бісеру 10.0 трьох кольорів і ндебеле з рубки трьох кольорів.




And only now almost all the components are ready to be assembled. And it takes the most of time. To sew the bigger navettes to the ropes at first I beaded a short (about two cm) pieces of flat herringbone ropes to the ends of the peyote ropes and then sewed the rivolis to them. Then joined the ropes and sewed the smaller navettes.




І ось лише зараз майже всі елементи готові і їх можна з'єднувати.  І на це якраз і витрачається більшість часу. Щоб пришити великі наветти до джгутів, я нанизала коротенькі (десь по два см) відрізки плаского джгута ндебеле до кінців пейточних джгутів і вже до них пришила ріволі. Потім з'єднала самі джгути. І потім пришила менші наветти.





After both peyote and herringbone ropes were joined, it turned out I had to make cones on my own because nothing matched well to cover the ends of the ropes. I beaded two cones by this pattern which I already used for these earrings but with more widening and without petals.
And then it turned out that the bar of the toggle clasp unfastened so I beaded a peyote piece to wrap the bar in it and thus made it a bit bigger. It is seen on the last photo.





Після того як обидва джгути, і пейточний і ндебеле, були з'єднані, з'ясувалося, що мені доведеться самій робити конуси тому що нічого не підходило, щоб приховати кінці джгутів. Тож сплела дві "чашечки" за цією схемою, яку вже колись використовувала для цих сережок, але з більшим розширенням і без пелюсток.
А вже потім виявилося, що тогл розстібається і тому довелося сплести пейотом невеличкий клаптик, щоб загорнути в нього перетику і вона стала більша (це видно на останньому фото).





Although  it is said modesty embellishes the person it is not my featured trait because I am quite proud of myself and like my work very much:-)





Хоча і кажуть, що скромність прикрашає людину, але це не моя видатна чеснота, тому що я собою пишаюсь і мені дуже подобається моя робота:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment