About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 April 2017

Herringbone Bracelet, or Charming Waves



At first I wanted to name the waves of this bracelet mystic... only because I couldn't explain why the pattern drew my attention so much:-) Simple stitch, nothing ornate or intricate... But since I saw the bracelet here, I always wanted to make it and at last my current sewing project caused the transformation of the intention into the action:-)
While working on the bracelet, it became clear that the pattern, introduced by Potomac Bead Company, is really a sample of the technique which gives enough food for fantasy. After the first made stitches I changed the pattern and thought about few more variants for future. So these waves just charmed me and I am very glad at the outcome.



Браслет в техніці ндебеле, або Чарівні хвилі




Спочатку я збиралася назвати хвилі цього браслету містичними... лише тому, що не могла пояснити, чому цей зразок настільки міцно привернув мою увагу:-) Жодних пишних прикрас чи хитромудрого плетіння, все просто... Але я завжди хотіла його зробити щойно тут побачила і нарешті мій поточний кравецький проект змусив намір трансформуватися в дію :-)
Протягом роботи над браслетом стало зрозуміло, що модель представлена Potomac Bead Company - це лише зразок техніки, який може підгодувати уяву. Після перших зроблених стібків я змінила модель і вже подумала про ще декілька варіантів на майбутнє. Ось так ці хвилі мене зачарували і мені подобається результат :-)




I chose three main colours: red, dark metallic purple and lavender. At first I planned the using of more their hues. After making a couple of samples I refused from too variegated mix of colours and used only three mentioned colours of 8.0 seed beads, one colour of 10.0 and one colour of the rondelles. 



Обрала три головних кольори: червоний, темний фіолетовий металік і лавандовий. Спочатку планувала використати більше їхніх відтінків.  Але після двох зразків відмовилася від зайвої строкатості і використала лише три головних кольори бісеру 8.0, один колір 10.0 і один колір ронделів.





Then drew a sketch. During the work it occurred to me to make the bracelet wider and while making it wider, I thought it can be made as wide as one wants.





Потім намалювала ескіз. Протягом роботи вирішила зробити браслет ширшим, а поки робила його ширшим, вирішила, що можна його зробити таким широким, яким тільки забажаєш.




The work is finished with brick stitch with simultaneous decreasing of the rows. For fastening I added a magnetic clasp.




Роботу закінчено цегельним стібком з одночасним скороченням рядів. Застібку обрала магнітну.

No comments:

Post a Comment