About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 April 2017

One Unfastened Jacket for Two Grey Hues

Actually there were two more grey shades during my work on this project but they... how to say... they didn't leave any materialistic trace on this outfit. The first of them was surely our present weather... it did make dark grey outside these days!!
Next grey hue concerned my mood... I was upset because of my sewing machine sudden pinking while sewing the jacket. Fortunately, I could fix the problem. This machine has been serving to me faithfully almost 30 years... Except my family, I don't have any person around me whom I've known so long! I avoided the necessity to buy a new machine otherwise I would have to say good bye any summer travelling. So those several hours were grey for me indeed!!!
And at last, the used fabric. It is double-sided knits, one side of which is grey melange and the other is monochromatic grey.
The idea of making such a jacket was caused by a very banal reason. I have many dresses in my wardrobe but cannot wear them in cold seasons to work because it is quite chilly in the classroom so at this time of year I'm mostly dressed in thick knitted sweaters. As you understand, it is not the look to kill... if only my cat who surely prefers sometimes to sleep an hour or two on one of those sweaters. I just got weary of them so wanted to make something smarter and lighter to put it on any long-sleeved dress and stay warm. The choice was made in favour of the model #126 from Burda 1/2011 (the same model #108 from Burda 5/2021).




Один жакет без застібки на два відтінки сірого

Насправді було ще два відтінки сірого протягом роботи над цим проектом, але вони, якщо можна так сказати, не залишили жодного матеріального відбитка на готовому вбранні. Першим з них була наша теперішня погода... Оце вже що робило все навколо темно-сірим, так це була вона!!! Наступний відтінок сірого стосувався мого настрою... Я була засмучена раптовою поломкою моєї швейної машинки під час роботи над жакетом. На щастя я змогла полагодити свою стареньку... машина мені добре служить вже майже 30 років; я, крім своєї родини, і людей не маю поряд, яких би так довго знала. Тож ті декілька годин були справді сірими для мене, бо якби довелося купувати нову, то тоді - прощавай літня подорож хоч кудись! І, нарешті, тканина. Це двосторонній трикотаж, одна сторона якого - сірий меланж, а друга монохромного сірого кольору. Причина пошити такий жакет доволі банальна. У мене багато суконь в гардеробі, але я не вдягаю їх в холодну пору року, тому що на роботі прохолодно, тож в цей час на мені переважно товсті плетені светри та кофти... не знаю кого можна вразити таким виглядом, хіба що мого кота, який дуже полюбляє подрімати годинку-другу на такому светрі. Я просто від них втомилася тому хотіла зробити щось більш витончене і легке, щоб вдягати поверх сукні з довгим рукавом і не мерзнути. Вибір було зроблено на користь моделі 126 з Burda 1/2011 (така сама модель 108 з Burda 5/2021).




The jacket is very simple and probably one of the quickest thing to make. But, as it was mentioned above, the fabric is double-sided so I decided to sew it to wear on the both sides. It was pure curiosity because I actually don't like the hue of monochromatic side and am going to wear the jacket only on the melange.
And so instead of few hours I spend for sewing the apparel few days.
By the way, the hat was used to crochet long ago because of curiosity, too, I wanted to try how comfortable to crochet or knit with that yarn. It turned out not much indeed but I had a hat :-)(the pattern was taken here).





Цей жакет дуже проста і, мабуть, одна з найшвидших для пошиття річ. Але, як вже згадувалося, тканина двостороння тож я вирішила, що маю пошити його так, щоб носити на обидві сторони. Це була чиста цікавість, бо мені той монохромний відтінок сірого не подобається і  я збираюся носити вбрання лише на меланжеву сторону.

Але завдяки цьому плану замість декількох годин я витратила на пошиття декілька днів.
До речі, і шапку було колись давно сплетено з цікавості, хотіла дізнатися, наскільки зручно працювати з тією пряжею. З'ясувалося, що не дуже, але у мене є шапка :-)(модель було взято тут).




I have never made that before but didn't search for any tips in the Internet. I sewed the jacket with known me seams that conceal the fabric edges. The first of them is the one that is called "locked" seam here.



Я такого ніколи раніше не робила, але порад в Інтернеті шукати не стала. Пошила жакет відомими мені швами, які приховують краї тканини. Перший з них той, який ми називаємо шов "в замок".




The centre back, sides, collar, sleeves, shoulders - all of the seams are stitched with this stitch.



Середній шов спинки, шов коміра, бокові та плечові, шви рукавів - все з'єднано  цим швом.








The next one is called here "double" seam. I used it to sew the sleeves to the jacket. At first the details were put together right side to the right side and stitched with about 0.4 cm seam allowance. Then turn the details out put wrong side to the wrond and stitch with about 1 cm seam allowance. The first stitch makes the rib.



Наступний стібок - "подвійний". Використала для втачування рукавів у пройми. Спочатку складаємо деталі лицевими сторонами і прострочуємо десь на 4 мм від краю, вивертаємо деталь, складаємо виворітні сторони і прострочуємо десь на см від краю. Попередній шов утворює ребро.



None of those seams was good to sew the collar to the jacket because of the thickness of the fabric layers. I followed the magazine's instruction and disgised the joining seam under the decorative tape, the one I had in stash. Before stitching the tape, the seam allowance must be cut in the way it is shown in the photo.

Жоден з цих швів не підійшов для втачування коміра через велику товщину шарів тканини. Я зробила як в журнальній інструкції - замаскувала шов під декоративною тасьмою яку мала в запасі.  перед пришиванням тасьми, припуск на шов коміра має бути підрізаний як на фото.



The jacket's collar is pretty wide so I thought it would be good to help it a little to make nice draping and not to look like a hood. I pleated it and sewed the pleats with the invisible stitch from both sides.



Комір жакету доволі широкий, тож я подумала, що було б непогано трохи йому допомогти утворити гарне драпування, щоб не був схожий на капюшон. Заклала його в складки, а складки зшила потайним стібком з обох боків.





The last modification - the belt. I added it mostly because I hate open lapels when it is windy. I made in the way it is made in the morning gowns. Two short belts were sewed to the side seams to the "wrong" (monocolour) side. In this way I can tie the belts inside and lapels won't turned out too much. If the jacket is worn on the "wrong" side, the belt can be tied in front or on the back.


Остання модифікація - пасок. Я його пришила з єдиної причини - мене надзвичайно дратують розчахнуті поли жакетів без застібки у вітряну погоду. Пасок було пришито, як у халатів: два коротких паски пришила до бокових швів з "виворітної" (однокольорової) сторони. Так я можу зав'язати паски з середини і поли не будуть аж надто вивертатися. Якщо ж жакет одягнути на "виворітну" сторону, паски можна зав'язати по переду або на спині.


No comments:

Post a Comment