About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

4 April 2017

Asymmetric Dress, or Following the Spring


On unknown reason I am sure if this project had been made in autumn, as it meant to be at first, the colour would speak autumn language but as it is made in spring, as my projects live on their own will and have own division on seasons, I only can say  that this colour is spring itself:-))
I was orating about spring here and here and it is hard not to yield the temptation to repeat all those words again:-) But revival and expectation are really main spring feelings and in this time of year it is so easy to believe and hope for the best things.
While working on the dress, once in a while I was listening to some vintage music. It created  dreamy mood full with vague but quite exquisite images of old films or their modern imitations (let's define them as "vintage", too), which I saw not so many. I like their elegant atmosphere of good manners and candid feelings. And this perception is the same either it goes about detectives or comedies or ingenious plots of romantic stories.
I don't look like the women of none of those films and can't be their character but I am surely able to afford myself to be inspired with them. And here it is the outcome.

It is so good there is spring, every year time for dreams and hopes...)


All about the shawl is here and about the jewellery is here.



Асиметрична сукня, або По дорозі із весною



Невідомо чому, але я впевнена, що якби цю сукню було пошито восени, як це і мало бути, то її колір  розмовляв би виключно мовою осені, але оскільки її пошито навесні, бо мої проекти живуть власним життям і мають власний розподіл на пори року, я можу сказати, що цей колір - то сама весна:-))
Я вже просторікувала про весну тут і тут і важко не піддатися спокусі та не повторити всі ті слова знову:-) Але ж відродження та очікування і справді головні весняні почуття і в цю пору року так легко вірити і сподіватися на все найкраще.
Поки працювала над сукнею, час від часу слухала збірки вінтажної музики.  Це створювало такий собі мрійливий настрій наповнений непевними, але вишуканими образами зі старих фільмів, або їхніх сучасних імітацій (назвемо їх "вінтажними" теж), яких я бачила не так вже і багато. Мені подобається їхня елегантна атмосфера гарних манер та щирих почуттів. І таке сприйняття не змінюється чи йдеться про детективи та комедії або про простодушні сюжети романтичних історій.
Я не схожа на жінку з тих фільмів і не можу бути їхньою героїнею, але без сумніву можу собі дозволити черпати з них натхнення. А ось це результат.

Це так чудово, що у нас щороку є весна  -  час для сподівань і мрій...)


Все про шаль тут, про прикраси - тут.



The chosen pattern is dress #110 from Burda 12/2015. I can't say I liked it from the first sight but when starting thinking over the outfit for this coral knits, I decided it was the best choice.



Обрана модель - сукня 110 з Burda 12/2015. Не можу сказати, що вона мені дуже сподобалася з першого погляду, але коли почата обдумувати вбрання з цього коралового трикотажу, вирішила, що це найкращий вибір.




The pattern is for tall girls so the first changes concerned the drafts.. They had to be decreased for 2 cm along the pointed lines of all the details .



Модель для високих дівчат, тож перші зміни стосувалися зміни викрійки. Всі деталі було зменшено на 2 см уздовж вказаних ліній.



Next tip is about the pleats. It often happens when wearing clothes with pleats, the pleats are unpicking at the ends so to avoid that I make a couple of stitches athwart the pleat's.



Наступний прийомчик про складки. Під час носки одягу зі складками, вони часто розпорюються, тому, щоб цього уникнути, я роблю декілька стібків упоперек складки.






But my main doubt before the sewing was if the fabric is not too dense and thick for this pattern. So after stitching the pleats I steamed them at first separately, then  all together to make all those layers of the fabric thinner. I was afraid the ready seams would be rough or bulging.



Але мій головний сумнів перед пошиттям був, чи не затовста і не занадто щільна тканина для цієї моделі.  Тому після зшивання складок, спочатку я їх відпарювала кожну окрему, потім всі разом, щоб потоншити всі ті шари тканини.  Боялася, що в готовому вигляді шви будуть грубими і випнутими.




Then I thought that the first pleats' allowance (both of the bodice and the skirt) mustn't be included into the seams. So when joining details 7 and 8, I stitched them in two steps. At first from the mark 1 to the mark 2, then I omitted the rest of the pleat and stitched the seam to the end.



Потім я подумала, що припуски на перші складки (і верхньої частини і спідниці) не мають бути вшиті у шви, тому, коли з'єднувала деталі 7 і 8, я робила це в два етапи. Спершу стачала шов від мітки 1 до 2, потім пропустила решту складки і дострочила шов до кінця.





Obviously when joining the front parts of the skirt, the pleat was also out of the seam.




Вочевидь, що коли зшивалися передні частини спідниці, припуск на складки теж не увійшов у шов.





One more thing must be done neatly not to look rough in the ready item. I mean the pressing of all the chaos got after sewing all the front details together:-)


Ще один вузол мав бути зроблений дуже охайно, щоб не виглядати грубо в готовому вигляді. А саме - прасування того хаосу, який утворився після з'єднання передніх частин спідниці:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment