Розумна, гарна та вправна :-) Useful fun for needleworkers / Корисні розваги для рукотворниць
About Me
- Oksana Starzhynska
- My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!
14 May 2017
Fading Tulips Pendant
Yesterday, when getting back home from work, I suddenly saw how far the spring came into the season. The grass is already tall enough to be cut, the trees have none of nude branches, and around we can already see faded flowers. And today in the morning, when looking through the window at the last tulips losing their petals under the drizzling rain, the same idea occurred to me.
The pendant is made by Smadar Grossman's pattern from Beadwork June/July 2013. The colour style is changed, of course. I tried to keep to the same materials but instead of 11/0 Japanese seed beads 10/0 Czech seed beads were used, and I also used a different type of a drop.
Hardly ever I make this pendant again, but nevertheless if it ever happens, I would start beading with connectors. Because it would be easier to match and taste the colours on the smaller piece. Although the pendant doesn't look miniature when it is ready, its fringe, bail and connectors are pretty delicate and soft, so to make them stiffer few extra threading was necessary.
I didn't add big bicones.. don't know why actually... And still not sure about the chain's length because the outfit the pendant is meant to be to match is only a piece of fabric now. So I finished the random length of chain with a toggle clasp because hate different UFOs ((UnFinished Objects) although it's impossible to be without them.
So let the tulips fade.. that is not the reason to be sad. Firstly, the moment is saved and secondly, they give the way to new flowers:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment