About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 May 2017

Romantic Geometry (Ring)

Once upon a time I came across some pictures from Contemporary Geometric Beadwork by Kate McKinnon. The works on them were stunning. Although then almost all the beadwork seemed to be absolutely incredible for me so I even cannot say I felt inspired, merely speechless:-)) Because at that time I had only initial beading experience and couldn't think I would ever be able to make something from that book. Besides, the publication was unavailable here anyway. The story has continued and now it turned out I am not just able to bead something from the book, I believe I would be able to guess how some of those stunning works were made using the known techniques and available on YouTube tutorials... I am not too self-confident, am I?... Hmm... :-) 



Каблучка "Романтична геометрія"

Якось давно трапились мені світлини з книги Kate McKinnon Contemporary Geometric Beadwork. Вироби на них були приголомшливі. Хоча тоді мені майже будь яке нанизування здавалося абсолютно неймовірним, тому я навіть не можу сказати, що мене це надихало, лише відбирало мову:-)) Бо на той момент у мене був лише початковий досвід плетіння з бісеру, тож я і подумати не могла, що колись буду в змозі зробити хоч щось з тієї книги. До того ж все одно та публікація у нас недоступна. Історія отримала продовження і зараз виявляється, я не лише здатна дещо сплести з тієї книжки, думаю навіть можу здогадатись як виготовити деякі з тих приголомшливих робіт послуговуючись відомими техніками та майстер класами на YouTube... Я ж не занадто самовпевнена, ні?...:-)





A couple of weeks ago I cut a dress which is now looks in this way.
The reality my of my needlework life is that at first I make some accessory to the certain clothes and then the outfit itself. After looking through my treasure box it became clear I have the matching jewellery. But on the other hand, I wanted at least something fresh and it had to be something small. A ring was the right choice and I remembered about this tutorial to the book.




Пару тижнів тому я покроїла сукню, яка наразі виглядає ось так:
Реалії мого рукотворного життя складаються так, що спочатку я роблю якісь доповнення до певного одягу, а вже потім шию саме вбрання. Переглянувши мою скриньку скарбів, зрозуміла, що маю прикраси, які пасуватимуть до сукні. Але з іншого боку, хотілося зробити щось свіженьке і воно мало бути невеличким. Каблучка - те, що треба і я згадала про цей майстер клас до тієї книжки. 



What is MRAW from the tutorial is clear but how to define the size of the ring I had  to invent myself. And here my knowledge about triangles became in use probably first time in my life. My seed beads are Czech 10/0. For my size I added 7, 5, 7 spacers.



Що таке модифіковане плетіння в хрестик з майстер класу зрозуміло, а ось вигадувати як визначити розмір каблучки довелося самій. І ось тут мабуть перший раз в житті мені знадобилися мої знання про трикутники. Мій бісер 10/0 "чех". Для мого розміру  я додала 7, 5, 7 бісерин спейсерів. 



While beading the "wings" I thought I would omit the increasing on the corner which would be worn inside. Without that increasing the bellyband became stiff and wide and it wasn't comfortable. Besides, I thought I could want to make one more ring to wear two together and then the comfort wearing would be forgotten entirely.



Поки нанизувала "крильця", подумала, що можна обійтися без розширення з внутрішньої сторони каблучки. Без цього розширення пасок став жорсткішим і ширшим і це не було зручно. До того ж я подумала, раптом захочу зробити ще одну таку каблучку, щоб носити дві разом, то тоді про комфортне носіння можна забути взагалі.



It is not very difficult project but  surely needs some skills and attentiveness. In fact it is an interpretation of the geometry which I've already made enough to understand the idea.

And why this time the Geometry romantic? Just because of the colour:-)





Це не дуже складний проект, але такий, що потребує певних навичок і уважності. Насправді, це інтерпретація геометрії, якої я вже наплела достатньо, щоб зрозуміти її ідею.

А чому цього разу геометрія романтична? Лише через колір:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment