About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 October 2018

Fairisle Scarf, or Travelling Arrows II


It took me just two weeks to make it and I do like the outcome. And it happened earlier than I made few more trips around my country:-) So the travelling project from this post transformed into the finished one and today's post devoted to it will be without any stories: I just share my new achievement :-) Despite I had to refuse from the idea of making the cowl and got the scarf it is just fabulous :-) 



Шарф "Стрілки у мандрах"


У мене пішло всього два тижні, щоб закінчити цю роботу і мені справді подобається результат. І це відбулося раніше ніж мені пощастило здійснити ще декілька подорожей моєю країною:-) Тож мандруючий проект з цього допису перетворився на закінчений і сьогоднішній присвячений йому допис, буде без жодних історій. Я просто ділюся своїм новим досягненням :-) Хоча довелося відмовитися від ідеї снуду і у мене вийшов шарф, він - неймовірний :-)





After the second repeating I already remembered the pattern and the work went quicker. After the forth repeating the pattern the length of the piece was enough to lock it in a cowl of one turn around my neck.  I hesitated. I thought that this cowl is too warm to wear it only as a nice accessory as it won't cover the neckhole of the coat. Besides, I would have some remnants of the yarn again. On the other hand, there was not enough yarn left to make four more repeats of the pattern for turning the cowl twice around the neck. So I decided to knit as long piece as possible for the amount of the yarn and then make a scarf.





Після другого повтору візерунку я його запам'ятала і робота пішла швидше. Після четвертого повтору довжини виробу було достатньо, щоб замкнути її в снуд. Я вагалася. Подумала, що такий снуд буде занадто теплий, щоб його носити просто як гарний аксесуар, оскільки він не закриватиме вирізу пальта. Крім того, у мене знову залишилася пряжа. З іншого боку, пряжі було недостатньо, щоб сплести ще чотири повтори візерунку для подвійного оберту навколо шиї. Тому вирішила плести виріб на всю можливу довжину пряжі, а потім зробити шарф.




To finish the scarf I joined the every end of it flatly, then knitted three rows of garter stitch. Then added one row: k3, yo1 alternately to get the slightest ruffle. Then one more row of garter stitch and then cast off.




Щоб закінчити плетіння, з'єднала кожний кінець виробу пласко, потім пров'язала три ряди шовковим візерунком. Потім додала один рід: 3л, 1накид по черзі, щоб вийшла легенька шлярка. Потім ще один ряд шовковий і потім закрила всі ряди.



The ready scarf is about 17 x 100 cm. It is very warm and absolutely snug. It feels as if silky to the body and looks smart. I hope to wear it with pleasure. Besides, it will always be associated with my wonderful trip to Baturyn anyway:-)



Готовий шарф має розмір десь 17 х 100 см. Він дуже теплий і надзвичайно затишний. До тіла наче шовковий і виглядає нарядно. Сподіваюся носити його із задоволенням. Крім того, він завжди нагадуватиме мені про мою чудову подорож до Батурина в будь якому разі :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment