About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 October 2018

Crocheted Puffy Flowers





In addition to the Maple Leaves I've crocheted  few Puff Flowers today because, while sewing the pillow case, I felt the lack of some bright spot on its decor. So after looking through my long ago queued projects on Ravelry I chose these Puffy Daisies. In fact, the flowers are made with a puff stitch that creates such a nice volume. But my flowers are not so puffy as for my yarn the hook was too small and  it was troubling to make more yokes for the petals without harming the thread. On the other hand, I didn't want to have too big daisies not to let them dominate on the pillow. So they are a little more modest than in the pattern

Пухнасті квіточки гачком

В доповнення до Кленових листочків сьогодні сплела декілька пухнастих квіточок, тому що, поки шила наволочку, відчула, що декору подушки не вистачає якоїсь яскравої "родзинки". Тож, переглянувши багато років тому складену чергу проектів на Ravelry, вибрала ці Puffy Daisies. Насправді, вони пухнасті бо сплетені таким стовпчиком (puff stitch), не пам'ятаю, як він називається нашими термінами, але утворюється він завдяки чергуванню накидів і витягнутих петель, що і формує такий гарний об'єм пелюсток. Проте, мої квітки не таки пухнасті, тому що використаний гачок замалий для цієї пряжі і було трохи проблематично додавати більше накидів без пошкодження нитки. З іншого боку, не хотілося, щоб квіточки були величенькі і домінували в декорі подушки. Тож вони тут набагато скромніші ніж на зразку.

No comments:

Post a Comment