About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 October 2018

Magic Fine Fitted Sweater



October turns out to be knitting & crocheting month. It is the fact mentioned only because all my this month's posts are connected with these kinds of handmade work. I hope to start the project that promises to be something new for me by its technique and I think it would be quite troubling so, to clear the consciousness at least a little, I decided to finish some of my UFOs (unfinished objects) :-). I have just few of them: one cross-stitched picture, one embroidered with seed beads, one set of jewellery and three days ago among them I also had this sweater with only-ribs-knitted-sleeves. When speaking about finishing the UFOs, I actually meant this very item. Firstly, the knitting was started in February and most of work was already done and, secondly, I just need a sweater.
I cannot say I am very happy with the outcome but I am absolutely satisfied with the fact that the sweater is ready:-) Besides, as the yarn was bought on sale, not having on mind my work, it cost a little more than three dollars and from this point of view the result is perfect :-)
I decorated the outfit with the Sunflower pin, crocheted several years ago, and it added to the sweater some cheerful effect and consoled me a little :-)



Прилягаючий светр з пряжі "Magic Fine"


Жовтень виявився якимось місячником плетення на спицях і гачком. Цей факт згаданий лише тому, що всі мої дописи за жовтень пов'язані з цими видами рукотворів. Я сподіваюся розпочати проект, який обіцяє бути для мене новим по техніці виконання і, гадаю, буде доволі клопітким, тож, щоб хоч трохи очистити свідомість, я вирішила закінчити якійсь з моїх UFO (unfinished objects - незакінчених об'єктів). У мене їх небагато: одна картина вишита хрестиком, одна бісером, один набір прикрас і три дні тому з ними був ще цей светр на рівні зв'язаних реберець-кісок рукавів. Згадавши про закінчення відкладених проектів, я саме цей светр і мала на увазі. По-перше, це плетення почалося ще в лютому і більша частина роботи була виконана, а по-друге, мені просто потрібен светр.
Не можу сказати, що аж так дуже захоплена тим що вийшло, але вже напевно задоволена фактом того, що светр готовий:-) Крім того, оскільки пряжу було куплено на розпродажу, светр, без моєї роботи, обійшовся в сто гривень тож, з цієї точки зору, результат просто чудовий :-)
Я прикрасила вбрання брошкою "Соняшник", сплетеною декілька років тому, і це додало светрові безжурного настрою, а мене трохи втішило :-)


The yarn is Magic Fine from YarnArt. This colour style I liked best of all and, as soon as saw it, bought without thinking. But it turned out to be much more interesting in the skein than in the clothes. The main colour is so dark that looks grey, probably, it IS grey... But I wouldn't make a sweater of the yarn of this hue of grey, I don't like it. Then I bought two kinds of this yarn and the colour style of that "Berry" pullover I consider to be much better. As I already have the experience, I can say that the yarn is peeling pretty much from the first days of wearing.
So in the clothes this hue looks plain and it didn't correspond my expectation.




Пряжа  Magic Fine від YarnArt. Ця кольорова гама подобалася мені найбільше, тому, щойно побачила пряжу, одразу купила без вагань. Але виявилося, що в мотках вона виглядає набагато гарнішою ніж в готовому одязі. Головний колір настільки темний, що видається сірим, він таки мабуть сірий і є... Але я б не плела светр з пряжі такого відтінку сірого, він мені не подобається. Тоді я купила два види цієї пряжі і кольорова гама того ягідного пуловеру виглядає набагато краще. Оскільки у мене вже є досвід, можу сказати, що пряжа сильно скочується з перших днів носіння.
Отже в одязі цей відтінок виглядає просто і він не виправдав моїх сподівань.



Instead of the rich pattern's collar I just cast on from the neck hole and purled two rows, then knitted about two cm of  2x2 cm ribs and the decreased every two purls for one, then knitted two more cm and cast off with a hook to have more stretching edge.




Замість багатого коміра моделі я просто набрала петлі з вирізу горловини, зв'язала два ряди зворотними петлями, потім десь два см реберцями 2х2, потім скоротила  кожні дві зворотних петлі до однієї і зв'язала ще десь два см. Потім закрила петлі гачком, щоб край був більш еластичний.




The pattern was taken from a Japanese magazine. Despite I had the right gauge and size I knitted all the details longer for about 6-7 cm. From my previous experience I remember that their patterns are for a teenager type of women and I am not the one. After steaming and sewing the sweater looked nice... I wish it looks on me in the same way... But then I had to knit it probably three sizes bigger and have no curves and I am not sure I would have exactly what I wanted as well :-)


Модель було  взято з японського журналу. Хоча у мене і щільність плетення і розмір були відповідні, всі деталі я плела на 6-7 см довші. З мого попереднього досвіду пам'ятаю, що їхні моделі розраховані на тип жінки підлітка, а я вже точно не одна з них. Після відпарювання і зшивання светр виглядав гарно... Хотілося б щоб і на мені виглядав так само... Але тоді мабуть треба було плести його на три розміри більше  і не мати жодних вигинів, але не думаю, що тоді  вийшло б саме те що мені хотілося :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment