About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

24 August 2019

Safari Jacket, or Breezy Summer Evening



About a month ago, right after photographing this dress, me and my cousin were sitting at an outdoor cafe chatting about different trifles. One of the topics was our this year wonderful summer with cool nights and not so hot, as usual, days. I even mentioned that the evening was breezy enough and I didn't mind wrapping in a shawl. I think about such an item quite long but still have none for summer chilly nights and not only because I cannot choose the colour style and pattern. I tried to remember how often during summer I needed to put on a kind of clothes warmer than a light dress. During about last 8 years I only recalled few nights at Crete, few nights at Shatsky Lakes and maybe there were few more not so remarkable nights that I forgot them but... it seems to be all. Even in the Carpathians I used to be so lucky with the weather that I only wore something snugger when climbing the mountains! But, of course, chilly days in warm seasons happen and everybody must be ready to find oneself in summer in some not so hot place as the south of Ukraine. I am now as I've made a jean jacket, I guess it is more practical and wearable and much quicker to make than a shawl :-) 


Here the jacket is paired with an old skirt, #105 from Burda 2/2014. 

Жакет сафарі, або Прохолодний літній вечір


Десь місяць тому, саме після фотографування цієї сукні, ми з сестрою сиділи на відкритому майданчику кафе і теревенили про різні дрібниці. Однією з тем було наше чудове цьогорічне літо з прохолодними ночами і не такими спекотними, як зазвичай, днями. Я навіть відмітила, що вечір був доволі вітряний і я б не проти загорнутися у шаль. Я вже про таку річ давненько розмірковую, але все ще її не маю і не лише тому, що ніяк не можу вибрати кольорову гаму і модель. Я намагалася згадати, як часто влітку мені доводиться одягати щось тепліше за легку сукню. За останні приблизно 8 років я лише пригадала декілька вечорів на Криті, декілька вечорів на Шацьких озерах і можливо було ще декілька не таких визначних вечорів, що я їх забула, але це, здається, і все. Навіть колись в Карпатах  мені так пощастило з погодою, що я вдягала щось затишніше лише коли дерлася у гори! Але, звісно, прохолодні дні в теплі пори року бувають і кожний має бути готовим опинитися влітку в якомусь не такому спекотному місці як південь України. Я - готова, бо пошила собі джинсовий жакет, думаю це набагато практичніше і вдягатиметься частіше і його набагато швидше зробити ніж шаль :-) 


Тут жакет поєднано зі старою спідницею 105 з Burda 2/2014. 






Not so hot July and the early August days let me spend time for sewing the jacket #110 from Burda 10/2017. Such things require time and efforts so it is easier to make them on vacation. Here the jacket is paired with very very old trousers #102 from Burda 7/2009.






Не такі спекотні дні на початку серпня дозволили мені витрати час на пошиття жакету 110 з Burda 10/2017. Такі речі потребують часу та зусиль, тож легше їх робити у відпустці. Тут жакет поєднано з дуже дуже старими штанами 102 з Burda 7/2009.




The sewing started with making pockets. At first I made all the flips, then prepared small pockets. As the fabric is quite gloomy denim, I decided to top stitch almost all the seams and edges of the jacket with a very thick silky thread. It had to alive it and saved the style :-)




Пошиття почалося з виготовлення кишень. Спочатку я зробила всі клапані і підготувала маленькі кишені.  Оскільки тканина - це доволі похмурий денім, майже всі шви і краї я вирішила відстрочити товстою шовковою ниткою. Це мало його пожвавити і зберегти стиль :-)







Next - big pockets and fronts. It was interesting work. The small pockets were stitched after the front parts were ready.







Далі - великі кишені і передні частини. Це було цікаво. Маленькі кишені настрочені вже після того, як передні частини були готові.






When pairing with blue things, the blue hue of the fabric is seen. I don't remember what patterns are these jeans and the shirt, I will add when come across the magazines.

P.S. The blouse #103 from Burda 5/2012. The jeans #120 from Burda 2/2007.






Якщо поєднати жакет з блакитними речами, стає помітним блакитний відтінок тканини. Не пам'ятаю, які моделі ці джинси і сорочка, додам потім, коли натраплю на журнали.

P.S. Блузка: #103 з Burda 5/2012. Джинси #120 з Burda 2/2007.






At first I wasn't going to line the jacket. But then, when saw how much work I would do and it really deserves to be lined, I changed my mind and found this piece of fabric in my stash for lining. How to join the lining to the jacket I described here in details. I looked through that post myself to remind how to do that :-)



Спочатку я не збиралася пришивати підкладку до жакета. Але потім, коли побачила, скільки тут буде зроблено роботи і що це заслуговує на пришивання підкладки, передумала і знайшла цей шматок тканини для підкладки у запасах. Як приєднати підкладку до жакету до дрібниць описано тут. Я сама заглядала в той допис, бо вже забула як це робиться :-)




Here the jacket is paired with coral trousers and a loose blouse






Тут жакет скомбіновано з кораловими штанами та вільною блузкою.


2 comments:

  1. Wow - I love the color and style of the jacket! Thanks for the in progress images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am glad it would be helpful!

      Delete