About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 August 2019

2/3 Sleeved Lime Top







The third part of the sunflower skirt chain reaction sewing after the skirt itself and the necklace couldn't but become a top. I didn't think about its pattern a lot because it, obviously, had to be simple. That was the main point, the details were not important. But the fabric for the top was chosen much more carefully. It should have matched the skirt in colour but be bright enough not to let the skirt dominate at the same time. It was quite strange but none of yellow hues was good, there was no nice hue of orange so, surprisingly, this lime colour knits made the wanted effect the best.

Топ кольору лайма з рукавами 2/3





Топ не міг не стати третьою частиною ланцюжкової реакції пошиття спідниці в соняхи після самої спідниці та відповідного намиста. Про модель для нього я особливо не замислювалася, адже очевидно, що вона мала бути простою. Це найголовніша вимога, а деталі - то вже не так і важливо. А ось до вибору тканини для топа підійшла набагато ретельніше. Вона мала пасувати до спідниці за кольором, але, водночас, бути доволі яскравою, щоб спідниця не домінувала. На диво, жоден з жовтих відтінків не виглядав гарно, гожого відтінку жовто-гарячого у продажу не було, а ось цей трикотаж кольору лайма саме і створив бажаний ефект якнайкраще.






Both of the fabric were bought last year so I had enough time to choose a pattern for the top.  My this year favourite is #112 from Burda 6/2019. It has a very nice neck hole and practical length of sleeves. As it was said above, it had to be simple. This one is not. I simplified it and saved only best details :-)




Обидві тканини було куплено минулого року, тож часу для відбору моделі топу у мене було достатньо. Цього року мій улюбленець №112 з Burda 6/2019. У нього дуже гарний виріз горловини і практична довжина рукава. Як вже було сказано, модель мала бути простою. Ця - ні. Я її спростила і зберегла лише кращі деталі :-)




I omitted back bands. I don't like such details as they make the top less universal. Besides, I would always have to think about the position of the bra so I feel much confident without them. The back neck hole could be changed in different ways, for example, like I did here.




Я відмовилася від планок на спині. Мені такі деталі не подобаються, тому що роблять топ менш універсальним. До того ж мені б завжди довелося думати, чи не виглядають десь лямки бюстгальтера, тож без тих перемичок почуваюся впевненіше. Виріз по спинці можна змінити в різний спосіб, наприклад я, зробила так.



As the back hole line was changed, the facing had to be cut in different way too.



Оскільки форма вирізу спинки змінилася, обшивку теж треба було кроїти інакше.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous ensemble! Love that skirt. Gorgeous fabric. And a great choice of colour for your top.You are very stylish with your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the wonderful compliments!

      Delete