About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

9 August 2019

Midi Skirt, or Ukrainian in July II



Probably the most famous sunflowers in the world are Van Gogh's but the most native are those growing along the road Mykolaiv - Odesa :-) In the middle of July I and my friend were going there to spend time at Tylihulsky Estuary. The plan implied tasting local oysters, bathing, breathing fresh air of the steppe and enjoying the calmness of wild nature. We were lucky enough, the day was awesome, and the road itself gave a lot of joy. And after that the impressions can't but motivate me to create one more project to be united with one of the oldest... even two, both of them are four years old. Smile for Van Gogh Earrings is the first and the second one is Ukrainian in July Dress. Obviously, all of these works are inspired by sunflowers. 

The skirt sewing led to sewing the top and, of course,  to beading the necklace. It was a real chain reaction of needle crafting caused by the buoyancy of the flower :-)



Спідниця міді, або Українка в липні ІІ



Найвідоміші соняхи у світі, мабуть, вангогівські, але найрідніші, то вже, напевно ті, які ростуть уздовж траси Миколаїв - Одеса :-) В середині липня ми з подругою їхали тією дорогою, щоб провести час на Тилігульскому лимані. План передбачав смакування місцевих устриць, купання, дихання свіжим степовим повітрям і насолоду спокоєм дикої природи. Нам пощастило, день був чудовий та і дорога сама вже подарувала багато радості. Враження того дня не могли не спонукати мене створити ще один проект поєднаний спільною темою зі старішим..., навіть з двома, обидва датуються 2015 роком. Перший з них - сережки "Посмішка для Ван Гога",  а другий - сукня "Українка в липні". Вочевидь, на виготовлення всіх цих речей надихнули соняхи. 

Пошиття спідниці привело до пошиття топу, а пошиття топу - до нанизування намиста. Така собі ланцюжкова реакція рукотворства спричинена життєрадісністю квітки :-)





My mom says I won't wear the skirt. Because it is very bright and catches the eye too much or maybe she meant something else, but I don't remember it could ever stop me :-) Maybe I should make a tablecloth of this fabric but I wanted  skirt #104 from Burda 5/2018. I see I wasn't mistaken with my choice.





Мама каже, що я цю спідницю не носитиму. Тому що вона дуже яскрава і аж занадто впадає в око, можливо вона мала на увазі щось інше, але щось не пригадую, щоб мене це колись зупиняло :-) Можливо мені варто було пошити з цієї тканини скатертину, але я захотіла спідницю 104 з Burda 5/2018. Бачу,  що з вибором не помилилася.



I made the skirt wider on the bottom. From the centre of both front and back I added 14 cm to both sides (the orange line is  a new centre).





Зробила спідницю ширшу по низу. Від центру і по передній і по задній частинах додала по 14  см в обидва боки (оранжева лінія - нова лінія центру).




I omitted the back belt as the fabric is bright and has huge print so there is no need to make any extra details as they wouldn't be seen anyway. Besides, I didn't want to make a centre back seam as extra cutting of such big fabric pattern is not good. I also wanted to refuse from the flips but then decided to make them. It is clear they are not seen as well.



Від заднього поясу я відмовилася, тому що тканина яскрава і має величезний візерунок, тож його не все одно не було видно. До того ж я не хотіла робити шов по середині спинки: додатково різати такий візерунок - зайве.  Я і від клапанів хотіла відмовитися, але потім вирішила їх все ж таки зробити. Їх таки не видно.




As the skirt has bias cutting, I reinforced the seam allowance for the zipper with the interfacing to prevent it from stretching. The hem must be processed as in this dress to prevent the skirt from sagging.




Оскільки спідниця покроєна навскіс, я зміцнила припуск на шов під "блискавку", щоб не розтягувався. Також низ спідниці має бути оброблений як в цій сукні, щоб спідниця не витягувалася.

No comments:

Post a Comment