About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

2 August 2019

The Front Dress, or Jungle Theory II



During blogging years I sewed not so many dresses as I could or wanted but quite enough to unite them with the same or common ideas :-) For example, this new one continue the Jungle Theory theme started with that two-years-old outfit. By the way, I wore it only once on the day of photo shooting: at that moment it was cold to wear it and now I guess it is too small for me but nevertheless I am still proud of that project. This new Jungle Dress was born as a result of other reasoning and circumstances. In the end of spring our biggest local needlecraft store had many fabrics with jungle prints in plenty of colours and designs. This material was the first on sale and I bought it. Right about that time I was watching "Death in Paradise" series which are full of stunning views of a tropical land. When seeing such places I often think if it isn't too boring to live in the countries without seasons' change or if I would get used to that... We have no tropical islands nearby but to feel oneself as if somewhere far from here, it is enough to go to the other end of my city to take few photos on the bank of the river among wooden pavilions that, with a certain efforts of imagination, can create the corresponding mood  and illusion :-) 

The Hibiscus Necklace was made specially for this dress.




Сукня із зав'язками попереду, або Теорія Джунглів ІІ



За час блоггерства я пошила не стільки суконь, скільки б змогла чи хотіла, але достатньо багато для того, щоб об'єднувати їх за спільною або однаковими ідеями :-) Ця нова продовжує тему Теорії Джунглів, започатковану тим дворічної давнини вбранням. До речі, я його вдягала лише один єдиний раз у день зйомки: тоді носити сукню вже було холодно, а зараз вона на мене, мабуть, мала, але я все ще пишаюся тим проектом. Нова джунглі-сукня народилася в результаті інших міркувань і обставин. Наприкінці весни в нашу найбільшу кравецьку крамницю завезли багато тканин з подібними візерунками в різних кольорах та дизайнах. Цей матеріал був перший у продажу, я його і купила. Десь саме в той час я дивилася серії детективу "Смерть у раю", які наповнені приголомшливими краєвидами тропічної країни. Коли дивлюся на такі місцини, часто думаю чи не нудно це - жити в країні, де не змінюються пори року, а чи я б звикла до такого... У нас тут поблизу тропічних островів немає, але, щоб почуватися наче десь-інде, можна поїхати на інший кінець мого міста, щоб зробити декілька фото на березі річки серед дерев'яних альтанок, що, з певними зусиллями уяви, може допомогти створити відповідний настрій та ілюзію :-) 


Намисто "Гібіскус" було створено саме для цієї сукні.






Dress #112 from Burda 9/2015 was my favourite from the first sight because of its original front design. I didn't have any certain plan  to sew it, I just was sure I would make it having the chance. Its main feature the long tied front ends. When I saw it, I had an idea to make it of two fabrics - to imitate the tied at waist blouse and a skirt. 




Сукня 112 з Burda 9/2015 стала моєю улюбленицею з першого погляду завдяки своєму оригінальному дизайну переду. Певного плану її пошити не було, я просто подумала, що колись при нагоді я її зроблю. ЇЇ головна особливість - довгі кінці передньої частини, які зав'язуються імітуючи вигляд сорочки, зав'язаної навколо талії. Пам'ятаю, що, побачивши сукню, я ще подумала, що цікаво було б пошити її з двох тканин для посилення тієї імітації.









The dress was sewed by instruction, and as if in dream... I even have no helpful photos because forgot to take them. The modifications concern only changes in draft. Firstly, as I had much less fabric than it was needed, I changed the skirt. I narrowed it on the bottom for 23 cm on both sides of the back. In this way it became the same width as the front. I must confess I don't like when skit's back is wider than front so it was definite change at once. I also shortened the skirt for about 17 cm and the sleeve, of course. It is about 25 cm long. So 2.5 m x 140 cm turned to be enough for sewing.

The hem is marked by this technique to prevent it form sagging.


Сукня шилася за інструкцією і наче уві сні. У мене навіть немає корисних фото, тому що я забула їх зробити. Модифікації стосуються лише змін  у викрійці. По-перше, тканини у мене було набагато менше ніж потрібно. Я завузила спідницю на 23 см з обох боків по спинці. Таким чином вона стала завширшки як передня частина. Маю зізнатися, що не люблю, коли спідниця по заду ширша ніж по переду, тож ця зміна була визначена одразу. Я також вкоротила спідницю десь на 17 см і, звичайно ж, рукава. Їхня довжина 25 см. Отже мені вистачило 2,5 м х 140 см тканини. Низ вирівнюється за цією технологією, щоб спідниця не витягувалася.






My dress has 6 buttons instead of 4. There is no seam in the centre of the back. 





У моєї сукні 6 ґудзиків замість 4. По центру спинки шва немає.

No comments:

Post a Comment