About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 November 2019

Lucky Leaf Brooch


The second project from the parcel, I am so quick :-) This clover leaf brooch was the first one I used to see in Crystal Art catalogue and this very item made me think about buying their kits. I consider the shape and the idea of the leaf to be very suitable for the pieces of jewellery. This brooch I like better than Paisley although both of them are nice. In the previous project I didn't like the impossibility to choose other colour palette so it was made  just because I am fond of paisley motifs. This kit was chosen right because of my wish to have such a brooch. I like the diversity of the used beads and green hues. I am very glad with the outcome, it is exactly what I wanted from clover's leaf motif and idea. Thanks to the designers! 



Брошка "Щасливий листок"


Другий проект з посилки, швидко працюю:-) Ця брошка "лист конюшини" була першою з тих, що колись побачила в каталозі Crystal Art і саме вона примусила мене подумати про придбання їхніх наборів. Я вважаю форму і ідею цього листа дуже вдалими для виготовлення прикрас. Ця брошка мені сподобалася більше ніж "Пейслі", хоча вони обидві гарні. В попередньому виробі мені не сподобалася неможливість обрати іншу кольорову гаму тож його було зроблено лише тому, що мені дуже подобається мотив "пейслі". Цей набір було обрано саме через моє бажання мати таку брошку. Мені подобається розмаїття використаних матеріалів та відтінків зеленого. Я дуже задоволена результатом, це саме те, чого я очікувала від мотиву та ідеї листка конюшини. Дякую "Чарівну мить"!



The base of the brooch is embroidered entirely. What I didn't like: very thick and dense felt base. I understand it is necessity because of number and weight of the brooch's materials but it was very hard to cut the ready item out, I soiled the trimming row of the seed beads and had to restore it in a few parts.The process is simple because of the given charts and instructions.




Основа брошки вишита повністю. Що мені не сподобалося: дуже товстий і щільний фетр основи. Його необхідність зрозуміла через кількість і вагу матеріалів, але було дуже важко вирізати вишитий листок. Я пошкодила крайній ряд бісеру в декількох місцях, тож довелося його відновлювати. Процес простий, тому що є і схеми і інструкції.



Next time I would cut the back part by the top part of the brooch because it turned to be smaller from the embroidered. Besides, the top part is so dense that I could refuse from adding the cardboard layer.




Наступного разу я б вирізала нижній шар по верхньому, тому що виявився меншим ніж вишитий. Крім того верхня частина настільки щільна, що я б відмовилася від шару картону.

No comments:

Post a Comment