About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

21 November 2019

Paisley Brooch

The other days I was watching a video about unpacking a parcel by some beading girl and thought that as I had none ready project to share, I could describe my impressions about my last purchase, too, since I hadn't bought none of new materials for quite long. But then some other idea occurred to me. I thought that sharing a post about materials is, in fact, to share plans. But plans are so unstable substance in my case :-) It is so tempting to tell about them but then the blog would risk transforming into the storage of ghost projects instead of being the place of my experience accumulation. Thus I unpacked the parcel without agiotage and embroidered one of the six brooches from it. There is no special order of making the items. The main idea is to finish them all :-) 



Брошка "Пейслі"

Днями я дивилася відео якоїсь рукотворниці, в якому вона розпаковувала посилку і подумала, що оскільки у мене немає жодного закінченого проекту, я теж можу розповісти про враження від мого останнього придбання, тим більше, що я вже давно не купувала нових матеріалів. Але потім на думку спало дещо інше. Я подумала, що ділитися дописом про матеріали - це те саме що ділитися планами. Але плани в моєму випадку така нестабільна субстанція :-) Так спокусливо про них розповідати, але тоді мій блог ризикує перетворитися на склад проектів привидів замість місця накопичення мого досвіду. Тож посилку розпакувала без ажіотажу і вишила одну з тих шести брошок. Головне - закінчити їх всі :-) 



It is my first experience of the kind. I thought about embroidering brooches but couldn't start. The kits from our Ukrainian company simplified the task. What I like: it is really much easier and quicker to use kits as they have all you need for work. 



Це мій перший такий досвід. Я розмірковувала про вишивання брошок, але щось ніяк не могла розпочати. Набори від нашої української компанії спростили завдання. Що мені подобається: справді набагато легше і швидше користуватися наборами, оскільки вони вже мають все необхідне для роботи.





What I don't think I like or don't have a certain opinion for a while: the fact the base of the brooch is seen. Maybe it is the feature of such brooches then it is OK. But, I added extra row of seed beads around the big blue bead and 8.0 seed beads between the brown ones. I also added a couple of seed beads between big green and brown on the top. 





Що мені не подобається або про що я, поки що не маю певної думки: основу брошки видно. Можливо, це особливість таких брошок, тоді все гаразд. Але я додала додатковий ряд бісеру навколо великої синьої намистини і бісер № 8.0 між коричневими намистинами. Також додала пару бісерин між великими зеленими та коричневими на тонкому кінці. 




There are limitless number of variants of embroidered brooches in the Internet but I understand that embroidered in full, with different rhinestones base would make the brooch too heavy for wearing with light clothes. So, in general I am glad with the outcome. 

To be continued...:-)



В інтернеті можна побачити безліч варіантів вишитих брошок, але зрозуміло, що повністю зашита основа та ще з різними камінцями зробить брошку надто важкою для носіння з легким одягом. Тож в цілому мені подобається, що у мене вийшло. 

Далі буде... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment