About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

2 November 2019

Red V-neck Sweater




It seems I haven't made red dresses for quite long... :-) And have none in the nearest plans. So I guess it is a decent cause to knit a red sweater instead:-) Despite my yarn stash occupies the hole shelf in my workshop's cabinets it consists mostly of the remnants good for knitting or crocheting some home decor trifles and there are only three packs to make three items of clothes there. So it is not the stash of a crazy knitter or crocheter although I used to have periods of being the one. 

This red yarn (one of my favourite, Alize Lanagold) was bought occasionally last year when I dropped in our local hobby store to buy something necessary what wasn't there at that moment :-) As it is my knitting time now, I went on with making this sweater. It was a quick choosing of the pattern and quick knitting as well - all the work took me just two weeks! The model is plain but it is exactly what I wanted to get from this yarn.


Червоний светр з вирізом мисом



Щось я вже давно не шила собі червоних суконь... :-) І не маю жодної в найближчих планах. Тож думаю, це пристойна причина, щоб натомість сплести червоний светр:-) Хоча запаси пряжі займають цілу полицю у шафі моєї майстерні, складаються вони переважно з залишків гожих лише для плетіння чи то гачком чи на спицях лише якихось милих дурниць для домашнього декору і є лише три упаковки пряжі призначених для плетіння трьох предметів одягу. Тож  це - не запаси скаженої в'язальниці, хоча у мене колись подібні періоди траплялися. 

Цю червону пряжу (одну з моїх улюблених,  Alize Lanagold) я випадково купила минулого року, коли заходила в нашу місцеву крамницю, щоб купити щось необхідне, чого там в той момент не було:-) Оскільки зараз мій час плетіння, я його продовжила роботою над цим светром. І вибір моделі і сам процес були швидкими - на всю роботу пішло два тижні! Модель простенька, але це саме те, що я хотіла отримати з цієї пряжі.



The pattern Flamenco from DropsDesign. I knitted L size as my gauge was 17 stitches in 10 cm instead of their 16. I also refused from balloon sleeves and made them wide evenly from the ribs up to the top as my yarn is quite thick and I didn't want to look square while wearing the sweater with such sleeves. On the same reason I lengthened the sweater for 3 cm, such a proportions suit me better. 




Модель Flamenco від DropsDesign. Я плела розмір L, тому що щільність плетіння у мене 17 петель на 10 см замість їхніх 16. Також я відмовилася від рукавів балонів і зробила їх рівномірно широкими від "реберець" до верху оскільки пряжа у мене доволі товста і я не хотіла виглядати квадратною, коли одягатиму цей светр. З цієї ж причини я його подовжила на 3 см: така пропорція для мене краща. 



I like the idea to knit the neck hole bands with garter stitch at the same time with back and front parts. This typical for Dropsdesign method simplifies and makes the process of work much faster and always gives neat outcome. Thank you, designers! 



Мені подобається ідея плести планки вирізу платочним візерунком водночас з передньою і задньою частинами. Цей типовий для Dropsdesign метод спрощує і прискорює процес роботи і завжди дає охайний результат. Дякую дизайнерів!





As it is clear from the photo, I didn't knit round, all the details were made separately and then sewed. Maybe because I am a faormer tailor, I am much better in sewing than in round knitting. I also like the idea of the around decreasing/increasing instead of the sides' for shaping the details. After finishing I though I could make one more decrease/increase for more fitting but that OK as it is.




З фото видно, що я не плела светр по колу, всі деталі сплетені окремо і потім зшиті. Може через те, що я колишня кравчиня, але з пошиттям у мене набагато краще ніж з круговим плетінням. Мені також подобається ідея зі збавками/набавками по колу замість уздовж боків для надання форми виробу. Вже закінчивши роботу, я подумала, що мені варто було зробити ще один збавок/набавку для більшого прилягання, але так як є, теж добре.



No comments:

Post a Comment