About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

10 November 2019

London Sketches Necklace (Bezeled cabochons)



Autumn is in its last weeks and I still have none of the season's projects. And this one is not about autumn as well:-) The idea of making such a necklace was on my mind since my mum presented me a red cup in a cute box last year. The pictures on the box was so teasing with their London's sketches that it was really pity to throw the box away and I decided to make cabochons with them to unite the ready elements in a necklace one day. My red sweater suddenly became the real push to start the project. I don't know why, probably, just because the right time came. Actually, any of these elements can be used for making different piece of jewellery, either for a pendant or bracelet or a ring but I still don't refuse from the idea of making a necklace. Even if I have to make one more sweater to push me to find the time to make it:-)


Намисто "Лондонські замальовки" (Оплетені кабошони)



Осінь вже майже на фінішній прямій, а у мене щось досі немає жодного тематичного проекту. І цей не про осінь теж :-) Ідея створення такого намиста запала мені щойно минулого року мама подарувала мені червону чашку в милій упаковці. Малюнки на коробці так дражнили лондонськими замальовками, що було шкода її викидати, тож я і вигадала зробити з ними кабошони і колись об'єднати готові елементи у намисто. Справжнім поштовхом  розпочати роботу став мій червоний светр. Не знаю чому, можливо просто настав той самий час. Насправді, будь який з цих елементів можна використати для виготовлення різних прикрас: для кулону або браслету чи каблучки. Але я поки що не відмовилася від ідеї зробити намисто. Навіть якщо доведеться сплести ще один светр, щоб примусити мене знайти час для його виготовлення:-)




So the box was unfolded and six sketches cabochons were made. I also made a few more of packing bow but I don't know how many of them I will need and if I need any in general.  




Отже коробку було розібрано і зроблено шість кабошонів. Я також зробила декілька з декоративної пакувальної стрічки, але не знаю, скільки подібних знадобиться і чи потрібні вони будуть взагалі. 




The technique of bezeling cabochons in embroidery technique seems to clear for me already as I've made it several times. However, on YouTube there are many video tutorials in probably any language to learn or check or improve the skill.




Техніка оплетення кабошону в техніці вишивки видається мені зрозумілою, оскільки я це робила вже декілька разів. Проте, на YouTube більше ніж достатньо відео майстер класів будь якою мовою, щоб освоїти чи перевірити або покращити цю навичку.

No comments:

Post a Comment