About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 November 2019

Orange Slice Brooch



The third brooch from the parcel. Comparing with the previous Paisley and Clover it is smaller in size and simpler in work. I would recommend it for those who enjoy wearing two or even three brooches at the same time. Maybe, when all my "fruit salad", that I will get after making the rest of the brooches from that parcel, is ready I will wear all of them or at least three at once :-) My mum says this brooch looks quite childish because of its simplicity. But thanking to the colour and the idea of orange it also looks so cheerful. Besides, if not being used as jewellery this small piece can become a sweet decor for a Christmas tree :-)


Брошка "Апельсинова долька"




Третя брошка з посилки. В порівнянні з попередніми "Пейслі" та "Конюшиною" вона менша за розміром і простіша за виконанням.  Я б рекомендувала її тим, кому подобається носити дві або навіть три брошки водночас. Можливо, коли мій фруктовий салат, який я отримаю після виготовлення решти брошок з тієї посилки, буде готовий, я носитиму їх всі, або щонайменше три, одразу :-) Мама каже, що ця брошка виглядає дитячою через свою простоту. Але ж завдяки кольору та ідеї апельсину вона також виглядає дуже життєрадісною і, якщо не використовуватиметься як прикраса, завжди може стати гарним вбранням для різдвяної ялинки :-)




The fail. The producer gives extra quantity of all the materials to make the pieces and it is very very good. There were two pearls in the bag to choose but both has noticeable defects. So I decided to replace it with one of my own beads. One of them turned to be much bigger and another - smaller. So I left what they suggest. 


Невдача. Виробник вкладає більшу кількість необхідних матеріалів для виготовлення виробу і це дуже дуже добре. Тут було дві перлини на вибір, але обидві вони виявилися з помітними дефектами. Тож я вирішила замінити її на одну зі своїх намистин. Одна з них була набагато більшою, інша - меншою, тож залишила ту, яку вклав виробник.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Oksana:
    It looks like you are having a super time exploring shapes with bead embroidery. May you have a Wonderful Holiday and New Year Celebration!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right! I like the way it goes and now I am very intersted in this kind of embroidery. Thank you for the greetings, have nice holidays, too !!!

      Delete