About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 September 2020

Back Interest Dress, or Flag's Day

 


Back Interest Dress or what left from its interest :-) From the first sight it was clear that this dress would be made some day: it reminded the blouse my mum used to sew me when I was either 8 or 9 years old. It had exactly the same design as the dress's bodice but instead of being stitched it was buttoned up on the sides. I also knew at once what fabric would be used and bought it specially right after purchasing the issue. The day for making the outfit was the vaguest aspect among all this definite events but it was found, too, and sooner than it could be expected :-) This year I was lucky to spend our National Flag's Day holiday by boating along the Dnipro, our main river, and visiting the outdoor performance of Kherson Music and Drama theatre. It was a wonderful day indeed and surely worthy of a particular outfit. Besides the dress I also made Golden Mean Necklace and earrings to complete it. Occasionally, or not very, both of the items together contain our flag colours. Thus the clothing enriched not only a wardrobe but the feeling of the holiday itself. 


Сукня з вирізом на спинці, або День Прапору




Сукня з вирізом, або з тим, що від того вирізу залишилося:-) З першого погляду було очевидно, що колись зроблю цю сукню: вона мені нагадала блузку, яку мама шила мені у мої 8 чи 9 років. Вона мала такий самий фасон, як і ліф сукні, тільки замість швів на боках були застібки на ґудзики. Також я одразу знала, з якої тканини її пошию, і купила її щойно придбала журнал. День пошиття цієї сукні був найбільшим невідомим з усіх цих визначених подій, але і він знайшовся, і навіть швидше ніж можна було очікувати:-) Цього року мені пощастило провести День нашого національного прапору на прогулянці човном вздовж Дніпра та відвідуючи виставу Херсонського театру на свіжому повітрі. Це був справді прекрасний день і він, вже напевно, заслуговував на особливе вбрання. Крім сукні я також зробила намисто і сережки "Золота середина", щоб його доповнити. Випадково, або і не дуже, разом весь комплект вміщує кольори нашого прапору. Ось так предмети одягу не лише збагатили гардероб, але і відчуття свята як такого.



I not only knew I would make this dress #108 from Burda 5/2019 (it also has PDF pattern 6439 with some modifications), I also knew how I would change it. I refused from such a deep neckhole on the back as I needed an ordinary dress for every day use. I also didn't add the hem allowance so my outfit is about 5 cm shorter than in the magazine. And finally, I was going to change the skirt. 





Я не лише одразу знала, що пошию цю сукню 108 з Burda 5/2019 (вона також має PDF викрійку 6439 з різними модифікаціями), я одразу знала, які зміни в ній зроблю. Відмовилася від настільки глибокого вирізу, мені була потрібна звичайна сукня на кожен день. Також мій виріб коротший за журнальний десь на 5 см, тому що не додавала припуск на підгинку. І, нарешті, спідницю теж збиралася змінити.



The back is designed specially for such a deep cut. At least after I had just lengthened the centre back line for 15 cm, the back I had got was too narrow. Fortunately, there was some ease and the fabric itself stretched enough to fit my figure. To widen the skirt I drew the lines down from the hips (side lines) as they went on and down from the centre for about 4 cm as wide as the fabric's width let. 





Спинку сконструйовано спеціально для такого глибоко вирізу. Принаймні, коли я просто подовжила лінію центру спинки на 15 см, спинка, яку отримала, була мені завузька. На щастя, був припуск на довільне прилягання і сама тканина трохи розтягнулася тож це допомогло пристосувати для моєї фігури. Для розширення спідниці накреслила лінії вниз від лінії стегон до низу, наскільки вийшло і по центру вниз, десь на 4 см, наскільки дозволяла тканина.




At first I cut the facing at the same time with the main details but, as it was said above, the dress is needed to be tried on at first, then the back - corrected and the facing - cut. 




Спочатку покроїла обшивку горловини водночас з рештою деталей. Але, як вже було сказано, спочатку треба приміряти сукню, скорегувати спинку і вже потім кроїти обшивку. 



The hem of the arm holes were stitched. 




Підгинку пройм підшила на машинці.




No comments:

Post a Comment