About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 December 2020

Snowflake Pendant

 


Yesterday I finished a new dress and it urgently required some bulgy decorations. The first of them was born yesterday night so it also could be named a Christmas star:-) It is a Snowflake pendant. The further ones will be, or are planned to be, a bunch of different ropes to complement both the dress and each other. 



Кулон "Сніжинка" 


Вчора закінчила нову сукню і вона конче потребувала якихось помітних прикрас і побільше:-) Перша з них народилася вчора ввечері, тож можна і "Різдвяною зіркою" назвати. Це кулон "Сніжинка". Наступні прикраси будуть, чи то плануються, декілька низок щоб пасували і до сукні і одна до одної. 



Having in mind the dress's fabric and my figure I was sure I would make jewelry so bought a lot of materials more than a month before so had enough to choose for this project. 




Маючи на думці тканину до сукні і мою фігуру, я була певна, що робитиму прикраси, тож матеріалів купила багато більше ніж місяць тому і мала, з чого обирати. 



The pattern for the pendant I found among YouTube tutorials but used different materials. As I had not enough firepolished beads, I decided to try the pattern with 5x7 mm rice beads. It worked. I didn't have enough bicones either, besides, to use them for the back of the pendant is wasting of materials, what is not affordable for me, and anyway different materials needed certain adjustment of the pattern so I followed the tutorial until this stage (photo 3). 




Зразок кулону знайшла серед майстер класів на YouTube, але матеріали інші. У мене не було достатньо firepolished намистин , тож спробувала модель на рисі 5х7 мм. Спрацювало. Також у мене не було достатньо біконусів, до того ж їхнє використання для зворотної сторони кулону - марнування матеріалів, яке я не можу собі дозволити, та і в будь якому разі, зміна матеріалів потребувала змін у плетінні, отже за майстер класом слідувала до цього етапу (фото 3). 



Then I added two 10.0 seed beads (Czech) between the two ones of the base. Then added arches of 10.0, rice, 10.0, bicone, 10.0, rice, 10.0 over the two rice beads of the base. The loop for the bail is beaded with 10.0. I passed with the tread not less than 5 times through this loop  and it is quite stiff so for the more "snowflake" look, the same loops could be added above every bicone. I didn't do that but it is a good idea. 




Потім між бісеринами 10.0 (чех) основи додала ще по дві бісерини. Потім додала арки з 10.0, рис, 10.0, біконус, 10.0, рис, 10.0 над двома намистинами рис основи. Петлю для бейлу зроблено з бісеру. Через цю петлю прошила ниткою не менше 5 разів і вона доволі жорстка, тож для більш "сніжинкового" вигляду такі петлі можна було додати над кожним біконусом. Я цього не робила, але це гарна ідея. 





I wish the rest of the set would be made as quick as this piece:-) 




Хотілося б щоб решта набору зробилася так само швидко як ця частина:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment