About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

31 January 2021

Bee Brooch

 

Different insects are quite popular motifs for brooches embroidering. The Internet is full of ideas and samples for their making. But, telling the true, the level of decorativeness of, for example, flies never occurs to me when I see one of them trying to land on the piece of my food. I also cannot remember the occasion when I wanted to put some spider on my clothes as an ornament. (Halloween is an excusable exception and not a routine habit for doing that :-)) As for me, only butterflies. dragon-flies and, of course, bees are quite acceptable creatures to be represented as prototypes for jewelry making. 



Брошка "Бджілка" 


Різні комахи - доволі популярний мотив для вишивання брошок. В Інтернеті повно ідей та зразків для цього. Але, сказати по правді, рівень декоративності, наприклад, мух ніколи не спадає мені на думку, коли якась з них збирається всістися на мою їжу. Також не пригадую, щоб мені хотілося причепити якогось павука на мій одяг у якості прикраси. (Геловін - це дозволене виключення, а не щоденна звичка таке робити:-)) Як на мене, лише метелики, бабки і, звісно, бджілки - створіння прийнятні у якості прототипів для виготовлення прикрас. 





My brooches collection got a new piece. It is a bee. This kit is more expensive than the previous maybe because of sewing crystals which are of good quality as well as the rest of materials except the pearls which are traditionally a little scratched. It is one of the brooches I like the best. In real life it looks even better than on the kit's box photo. 





Моя колекція брошок поповнилася ще одним екземпляром. Це бджілка. Набір дорожчий за попередні, можливо через пришивні стрази, які, як і решта матеріалів, за виключенням традиційно подряпаних перлин, тут гарної якості. Це одна з брошок які мені найбільше подобаються. В реальності вона виглядає краще ніж на фото коробки від набору.

4 comments: