About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

24 February 2021

Mint Candy Sweater

 


The story, if I really want to tell any here:-), has three worthy to mention points which I am going to unite.  The third one is the true reason why this sweater was finished earlier than the winter ended :-) This year I've got very sweet... stuff as a birthday present from my nieces. After some googling I found out it is called a wooden folding knitting basket. At once I put my on-the needles-sweater in it and thought that the work would be much more enjoyable and faster now :-) According to Sweater's Ravelry page the knitting was started on December 14 but didn't go as quickly as it could be. So the basket appearance became a very pushing aspect to finish it indeed. 


Here the sweater is paired with my all time favourite trousers #107 from Burda 11/2015 which I like so much that stopped wearing not have them worn:-) I didn't think much if  any jewelry is needed here and chose Sea Wheel earrings just because of their colour style.


Светр "М'ятна цукерка" 


Історія, якщо мені насправді хочеться тут хоч якусь розповідати :-), має три вартих уваги моменти, які збираюся об'єднати. Третій з них є справжньою причиною, чому светр було доплетено раніше ніж закінчилася зима :-) Цього року мої племінниці подарували мені на день народження дуже милу... штучку. Погуглила трохи і знайшла таке визначення "дерев'яний складний кошик для в'язання". Я одразу поклала в нього светр, який мала на спицях і подумала, що тепер робота над ним триватиме набагато приємніше і швидше:-) Відповідно до светрової сторінки на Ravelry плетіння почалося 14 грудня, але йшло повільніше ніж хотілося б. Тож поява кошика стала справжнім спонукальним поштовхом до його закінчення. 


Тут светр скомбіновано з моїми улюбленцями всіх часів і народів штанами 107 з Burda 11/2015, які мені так подобаються, що я їх припинила одягати, щоб не зношувалися:-) Не дуже я переймалася чи потрібні тут прикраси і обрала сережки "Штурвал" лише через кольорову гаму. 





The next link to my earlier projects is concerned the Colour Block  Scarf made about half a year ago. Among the variety of its colours I liked the pastel mint so much that bought more yarn to knit a sweater. 







Наступне посилання до моїх ранішніх проектів стосується шарфа "Кольорові блоки", сплетеного майже півтори роки тому. Серед розмаїття його кольорів пастельна м'ята настільки мені сподобалася, що я купила ще пряжі, щоб сплести светр. 




The choice of the pattern was not so quick. As none of the ideas attracted me enough to start the knitting last year, the yarn was put in the bag to wait for its right moment. Final choice of the pattern # 15 from Sabrina 1/2019 (Ukrainian edition) has nothing in common with those I had planned to make before. And I am very happy with the outcome.






Вибір моделі не був таким скорим. Оскільки жодна з ідей не вабила достатньо, щоб розпочати плетіння минулого року, пряжу відправила в пакет чекати слушного моменту. Кінцевий вибір моделі 15 з "Сабріна" 1/2019 (українське видання) не має нічого спільного з тим, що я планувала зробити на початку. І я дуже задоволена результатом зміненої ідеї.



It is an oversized model which I made 10 cm longer. I was lucky to have the gauge almost as in the magazine. There was one embarrassing moment in the work concerning the decreasing of the shoulder. I didn't need last decrease 3x4 st. The shoulder was ready without it. 




Це модель оверсайз, яку я подовжила на 10 см. Пощастило, що щільність плетіння майже така сама як і в журналі. Один був бентежний момент, який стосувався збавок плеча. Мені не знадобилася остання збавка 3х4 петлі, плече було готове без неї. 





I knitted size 40/42 but blocked the piece for size 36/38. It is enough oversized for me not to look square :-) My sweater's neckhole differs from the magazine's but I even like it better in this way. The sweater took 620 grams of the yarn. Fortunately, I bought 6 skeins and had some leftovers from the scarf. 





Плела розмір 40/42, а відпарювала на розмір 36/38. Це для мене достатній оверсайз щоб не виглядати квадратною:-) Виріз горловини виглядає у мого светра не так як в журналі, але мені так навіть більше подобається. На светр пішло 620 грамів пряжі. На щастя, купила 6 мотків і ще у мене були залишки від шарфа. 






To look brighter and merrier the skirt is possible for the pairing, too. 




Щоб виглядало яскравіше і веселіше, можна також комбінувати светр зі спідницею.

No comments:

Post a Comment