About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

9 January 2021

Low Back Godet Dress, or If I Need an Evening Gown

 

Of course, I need an evening gown, any girl needs and even any man does :-) One of the best acquired by me things from the girl talks with my mother is that once a year a woman should get or make or buy a new nice dress. As an example she referred to my granny, her mum, who had said her daughter the same and not depending on the times always had made such a dress  by Easter. I am quite lucky not to keep myself from sewing nice dresses whenever I can or want, however, I surely have to think a little when it goes about evening gowns. Despite my wardrobe is quite big it is practical. I mean almost all of my clothes is suitable for different occasions from work to theatre going. Evening gowns are special and not practical at all, made only for enjoyment. I don't sew it often and always count how many times I wore it to justify its making. New Year and Christmas celebrations are excellent reasons to wear such outfits. I had the tradition indeed! But few years ago I, at first, refused to wear smart shoes while celebrating, then to wear make up and last year I refused from wearing a special dress. Passed year didn't pampered us a lot so this year I decided to take control at least over my traditions, made some efforts and here I am at New Year's night :-) 


Сукня годе з вирізом на спинці, або Чи потрібне вечірнє вбрання 


Звісно мені потрібне вечірнє вбрання, будь якій дівчині потрібне і навіть будь якому чоловікові:-) Однією з найкраще засвоєних мною речей з дівчачих розмов з мамою є те, що раз на рік кожна жінка має отримати, купити, зробити гарну сукню. При цьому мама завжди посилалася на бабусю, свою маму, яка казала своїй дочці те саме, і таку сукню, незалежно від часів, завжди шила на Великдень. Мені пощастило з відсутністю потреби обмежувати себе в пошитті гарних суконь коли заманеться, проте, коли мова йде про вечірнє вбрання доводиться трохи подумати. Хоча гардероб у мене обширний, він практичний. Маю на увазі, що майже весь мій одяг годиться для будь якої нагоди від роботи до відвідування театру. Вечірнє вбрання особливе і зовсім непрактичне, створене лише для задоволення. Я його не часто шию і завжди рахую скільки разів одягаю, щоб виправдати його створення. Святкування Різдва та Нового року - прекрасні нагоди, щоб одягнути такі наряди. І у мене така традиція була! Але декілька років тому я припинила на такі святкування спочатку взувати черевики на підборах, потім наносити макіяж, а минулого року навіть не одягнула особливої сукні. Минулий рік не так вже нас і балував, тож цього року я вирішила взяти під контроль хоча б свої традиції. Трохи зусиль і ось така я у новорічну ніч:-) 



My new evening gown is made by dress #103 from Burda 11/2009. I liked this garment from the first sight but always wanted to make it red, as it is in the magazine. Fortunately, I had in my stash a piece of lurex jersey, which turned to be very trendy now, so made a decision to use the pattern without further postponing. 

At the night I wore the dress with Mystery of Twilight  earrings but if to look through my jewelry box even here in the blog, there are plenty of other variants to complete the outfit.







Моє нове вечірнє вбрання пошите за моделлю 103 з Burda 11/2009. Цей наряд сподобався мені з першого погляду, але завжди хотілося його пошити червоним, як в журналі. на щастя, у мене в запасах знайшовся відріз трикотажу з люрексом, який зараз, як то кажуть " в тренді", тож вирішила використати викрійку без подальших зволікань. 

Святкової ночі до сукні я надягла сережки "Таємниця сутінків", але якщо заглянути в запаси моїх прикрас навіть тут у блозі, можна знайти багато інших варіантів для доповнення вбрання. 



The sewing was very quick. My first note concerns the hem of the dress. I couldn't measure the right length myself so cut as it was in the magazine and it turned to be too long and when I evened the hem, the dress lost about 8 cm of the width along the bottom. It is not very good as for such an outfit the wider the better. If I had a chance, I would widen the dress by the right line of hem. 






Пошиття було швидким. Моє перше зауваження стосується лінії низу. Сама я не змогла правильно виміряти необхідну довжину сукні, тому кроїла як було в журналі, але для мене це задовго. А коли я вирівняла низ, сукня втратила по низу приблизно 8 см ширини. Це не дуже добре, тому що для такого вбрання чим ширше, тим краще. Якби була можливість, я б розширила сукню уздовж правильної лінії низу. 





The next note concerns the collar which I neglected as I wanted to simplify the dress because of my fabric. Besides, I shortened the depth of the back neck hole for about 10 cm to feel comfortable when wearing a bra. I also refused from a zipper as the dress is jersey and lined the dress. The lining is sewed only along the facing.


 



Наступне зауваження стосується коміру від якого я відмовилася, оскільки хотіла спростити сукню через тип тканини. Крім того, скоротила глибину вирізу спинки десь на 10 см, щоб почуватися комфортно одягнувши бюстгальтер. Також обійшлося без  блискавки, тому що сукня трикотажна і сукню посадила на підкладку. Підкладка пришита до сукні лише вздовж обшивок. 



Sewing a new evening gown made me remember my previous ones. All these garments were made in the time of the featured magazines publishing but the photos were taken in 2011-2012 years. The dresses are still able to be put on :-) 



Пошиття нового вечірнього вбрання нагадало мені про попередні. Всі ці одежини були зроблені саме в час виходу вказаних журналів, а фото зроблені у 2011-2012 роках. Сукні все ще можу одягнути:-)

4 comments:

  1. You are just amazing Oksana! Fabulous evening dress and that you can keep for years! I must admit that I fell in love with your lovely red-orange outfit on the older pics ♥ and your jewellery are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and glamorous dress. Great way to start out the new year!
    -Eva Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you :-)

      Delete