About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

10 May 2021

Short Raglan Sleeve Top


I will probably write this post longer than I sewed this unexpected outfit. The advantage of my spontaneously enlarged stash showed itself in its best today :-) Last weekend I finished sewing a jacket and when this morning woke up, the necessity to have a new top to match both the jacket and suitable trousers and skirt at the same time became so obvious that I made this pullover for few hours. The sewing turned to be so quick that the top had no chance to get a special story. Finally, I am glad it has few photos at least :-)

 


Топ з короткими рукавами реглан 


Я цей допис писатиму довше ніж я шила цю несподівану одежу. Перевага мого спонтанно збільшенного запасу тканин сьогодні проявила себе якнайкраще :-) Минулих вихідних я закінчила шити жакет і, коли цього ранку прокинулася, потреба в новому топі, щоб і до жакету пасував і до відповідних штанів та спідниці годився, стала настільки очевидною, що за декілька годин я зробила цей пуловер. Пошиття виявилося настільки швидким, що топ не мав жодного шансу отримати особливу історію. Зрештою, я рада, що у нього принаймні є декілька фото :-) 



Ruby Garnet Earrings are one of the possible accessories. 

Сережки "Рубіновий гранат" - одне з можливих доповнень. 





For the sewing, model #121 from Burda 12/2020 was chosen. It has an unusual length of sleeves. It is also not tight-fitting what makes the top comfortable. The fabric is a kind of double knits. Its wrong side is very smooth and soft, very pleasant to the body. The right side is a kind of ... lumpy if it's possible to say, with lurex threads. 

Sunday Trousers were sewed two years ago. 








Для пошиття обрала модель 121 з Burda 12/2020. У неї незвична довжина рукава. Також топ не  має затісного прилягання, що робить його дуже комфортним. Тканина схожа на  двошаровий трикотаж. Зворотній бік дуже гладенький і м'який, приємний до тіла. Лицева сторона - бугриста, якщо так можна сказати, з нитями люрексу.

"Недільні" штани були пошиті два роки тому.

The top was sewed by the instruction. The only change: I shortened it for 3 cm. My piece of fabric was 156 cm x 97 cm, it was not enough to cut the sleeves in full at once as the print has direction, so I sewed small triangles (they are not seen in the ready item) to cut the sleeves properly.


 

Топ пошито за інструкцією. Єдина зміна: зробила його коротшим на 3 см. Відріз тканини був 156 см х 97 см, через напрямок візерунку це було недостатньо, щоб як слід одразу повністю покроїти рукава, тож, щоб покроїти їх правильно, дошила трикутнички, але їх зовсім невидно у готовому виробі. 




I also have some words to say about the skirt. It is old but I still enjoy wearing it. It is model #0005A from Burda special issue Classics 2013-2014. I used to remake it of a woolen sewed much earlier skirt :-) 






Також маю декілька слів сказати про спідницю. Вона стара, але все ще прекрасно носититься. Це модель 0005А зі спеціального видання Burda Classics 2013-2014. Колись я переробила її з вовняної спідниці пошитої ще раніше :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment