About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 November 2021

Fabric Covered Belt Buckle (Blue Coat)

To cover a buckle with a fabric was my ancient intention postponed few times. But for this coat I couldn't refuse the idea to make it and looked through several YouTube's video in the search of a good tutorial. Some of them were absolutely helpful if to talk about the common basis of the process of wrapping. But there still was some space for the work's improvement.


Обтягнута тканиною пряжка до паска 

Обтягнути пряжку тканиною було моїм стародавнім наміром, який відкладався вже декілька разів. Проте, для цього пальта я вже не змогла відмовитися від ідеї і переглянула декілька відео на YouTube у пошуках гарного майстер класу. Деякі з них і справді абсолютно корисні, якщо говорити про загальний принцип процесу обтягування. Але простір для вдосконалення залишався. 



I won't analyse the videos I have seen because learning is an individual process and the same methods work in different way for different people. I only must mention that there are two kinds of buckles to cover with fabric. The first are those buckles meant to be covered. It means they consist of two parts and the process of wrapping is quite quick and easy for a crafty person. The second type is a usual buckle which we have in stash or buy in the a hobby store and must invent how to make it look neat and stay functional at the same time. This latter is my case. My main recommendation is to use durable but thin fabric for underneath part. I reinforced a piece of synthetic lining fabric. Then it would be much easier to sew the coat fabric edges and the ready item will look more delicate. 



Не буду аналізувати відео, які я переглянула, тому що навчання процес індивідуальний і одні і ті самі методи працюють по-різному для різних людей. Повинна лише сказати, що є два типи пряжок для обтягування. Перший - той, який для цього призначений, пряжка складається з двох частин і її обтягування простий і швидкий процес для рукотворниці. Другий - звичайна пряжка, яка є в запасах або куплена в крамниці і треба ще поміркувати, як її примусити і виглядати охайно і залишатися функціональною. Це останнє - мій випадок. Моя головна рекомендація - використовувати для нижньої частини міцну, але тонку тканину. Я зміцнила клаптик синтетичної підкладки. Тоді зшивати краї пальтової тканини буде легше і готовий виріб виглядатиме делікатніше. 




The belt in the pattern is 5 cm but mine is 4.5 according to the width of the buckle. 




Пасок по моделі 5 см, але у мене 4.5 відповідно до ширини пряжки. 




I also had to install eyelets without any special instruments to fasten the belt. I learned how to make it from this video




Також треба було без жодних спеціальних інструментів встановити люверси, щоб застібати пасок. Цього я навчилася по цьому відео.

No comments:

Post a Comment