About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

4 November 2021

Cranberry with Sugar Necklace III (Cabochon)

 

The third element of the Cranberry with Sugar Necklace is a beaded cabochon. It is not new work for me, too, as I have already made some my own models. I liked a quite reserved design of this sample. While bead-weaving, the instructions in the video tutorial were followed but I have a few remarks.




Намисто "Журавлина з цукром" ІІІ (Кабошон) 


Третій елемент намиста "Журавлина з цукром" - обплетений кабошон. Робота для мене теж не нова, я вже подібне виконувала і не раз, але власні моделі. Мені сподобався доволі стриманий дизайн цього зразка. Плела за інструкцією відео майстер класу, але маю декілька зауважень. 



Both notes concern the cabochon's decor. The author mentioned that to embroider the stone, the number of the seed beads must be even but to make the suggested decor in the last top row, there must be not just even number of the seed beads, it must be a multiply of four. To make the suggested decor in the last bottom row the number of the seed beads must be a multiply of three. Thus I made the corresponding decor only in the bottom row as it was easy to correct the number of the necessary seed beads. 




Обидва зауваження стосуються декору кабошону. Автор згадує, що для обшивання потрібна парна кількість бісерин, але для передбаченого декору останнього верхнього ряду, вона має бути не лише парна, а ще кратна чотирьом, а для передбаченого моделлю останнього нижнього ряду - кратна трьом. Тож я зробила відповідний декор лише для нижнього ряду, оскільки було легко змінити кількість бісерин.

No comments:

Post a Comment