About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 November 2021

Cranberry with Sugar Necklace (Final)




The necklace is ready and the outcome can't but make me joyful :-) I am also glad that it does match my last festive gown as choosing the colourstyle of the necessary beads for this piece of jewellery, I had that outfit on my mind. One more reason to be in a good mood is that the necklace is ready earlier than New Year's countdown starts :-) 



Намисто "Журавлина з цукром" 


Намисто готове і не можу не потішитися результатом:-) Також приємно, що намисто добре пасує до мого останнього вечірнього вбрання, оскільки обираючи необхідні намистини для цієї прикраси, я уявляла саме цю сукню. Ще одна причина для гарного настрою: намисто готове раніше ніж годинник починає бити дванадцяту  Новорічної ночі:-) 




The process of sewing all the elements together took me the whole day yesterday and it only goes about the final part. The previous step, making a bail and joining the rivolis and cabochon, happened a couple weeks ago. This kind of bail was, in fact, the only element in this necklace which I had never done before. I had some prejudice as for it but, after all, the designer was right with this choice and it looks well here. 




На процес зшивання всіх елементів до купи пішла вся вчорашня неділя і йдеться лише про фінальну частину. Попередній етап - з'єднання ріволі і кабошона та плетіння бейлу - відбувся пару тижнів тому. Фактично, виготовлення такого бейлу - єдиний елемент в цьому намисті, якого я раніше не робила. У мене було певне упередження щодо нього, але, зрештою, це дизайнерське рішення виявилося вдалим і  тут виглядає доречно. 







Joining the pipe beads was really time consuming and made me a little upset as some pearls, despite they are of good quality, were harmed. It made me think over their change for gems as it is in the original necklace. At the end I refused the idea as I like what I have a lot and forgot about those pearls' scratches:-)





З'єднання намистин трубочок не лише забрало багато часу а і засмутило мене трохи, оскільки деякі перлини, хоча вони і гарної якості, були пошкоджені. Це мене змусило замислитися про їхню заміну на напівдорогоцінне каміння, як це і є в оригінальному проекті. Проте від ідеї я відмовилася, оскільки мені подобається що у мене вийшло, а про ті подряпини на перлах я і забула:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment