About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 July 2022

Mother's Summer Dress

 


Probably never before we've appreciated the simplest things in our life so high as we do now. Maybe it became one of the reasons made me decide to sew my mom a new dress as soon as I made the top from the previous post. Another reason was absolutely prosy: my mom lost much weight after COVID this year so she really needed some fresh addition of proper size to her summer wardrobe. After I made the mentioned above top, mama tried it on and it fitted quite well so I suggested to make her a dress using the same pattern but modified, of course. The garment was sewed quickly and with pleasure. 




Літня сукня для мами 


Вірогідно ніколи раніше ми так високо не цінували найпростіші речі в нашому житті. Можливо це  стало однією  з причин пошиття нової літньої сукні для мами, щойно я закінчила роботу над топом з попереднього допису. Інша причина набагато прозаїчніша: цього року після ковіду мама втратила багато ваги, тож їй точно потрібно було додати щось свіженьке відповідного розміру до гардеробу. Як вищезгаданий топ був готовий, мама його поміряла і він добре сів на неї, тож я запропонувала пошити сукню за тією ж самою викрійкою, але, звісно, модифікованою. Вбрання пошилося швидко і з задоволенням. 



To change the pattern of a top for dress is quite easy. I changed pattern #115 (both A and B) from Burda 7/2019 in this way. 







Змінити викрійку топу на викрійку сукні доволі легко. Я змінила викрійку 115 з Burda 7/2019 так. 



1. On the shoulders short cuts, 4-5 см, were made.

2. I liked the processing of the neck hole very much. So hope to use it in other things.

3. For the belt two crocheted loops were made.

4. The belt is long. Ready measures 3cm x 205 cm. 




1. На плечах зробила короткі розрізи. 4-5 см.

2. Мені сподобалася така обробка горловини. Сподіваюся використовувати її і для інших речей.

3.Для паска додала дві петлі сплетені гачком.

4. пасок довгий. В готовому вигляді 3см х 205 см. 







We are experiencing hard times. I wish we had never known what is war. But I am happy I could create a small piece of joy for my mom. 










Ми переживаємо важкі часи. Хотіла б я, щоб ми ніколи не знали, що таке війна. Але я щаслива, що могла подарувати мамі невеличку радість.

No comments:

Post a Comment