About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 August 2022

Lvivsky Square Necklace I

 



Today I had a chance to finish my, in fact UFO, unfinished object. I hadn't realized before starting writing this post the embroidered piece was created two years ago. In the process I changed the idea of the rhombus for a square and in this way the work went very quickly. All the used materials were in my stash. 

Finally, I made three necklaces to wear either together or separately. If I survive this night, the rest ones will be posted next days.



Намисто "Львівській квадрат" 


Сьогодні у мене була можливість закінчити мій давно відкладений проект. Я і не усвідомлювала, до того як почала писати цей допис, що вишиту частину зробила ще два роки тому. В процесі я змінила ідею ромбу на квадрат і так робота пішла дуже швидко. Всі використані матеріали були у мене в запасах. 

Зрештою я зробила три намиста, які можна надягати або разом або окремо. Якщо сьогоднішню ніч переживу, решту розміщу тут наступними днями.


Before starting stringing the necklace, I had to remove wire loops in the corners of the embroidered piece. Surprisingly, it was very easy to do although I'd been sure the bricks could be hung on the loops so firmly they'd been glued. Instead I joined thread protectors in all four corners. 






Перед тим як починати нанизувати намисто, мені треба було витягти петлі з дроту на кутках вишитого ромбу, на диво це вдалося зробити дуже легко, хоча я була впевнена, що на них можна підвисити цеглини, настільки міцно я їх клеїла. Натомість на всі чотири кутки пришила протектори для ниток.

No comments:

Post a Comment