About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 March 2024

Pink Asymmetric Pencil Skirt

 

This skirt #125 from Burda 5/2012 was meant to be sewed since I purchased the magazine but I couldn't decide what fabric I'd like to use as it had to be made of light stretch material good to wear in summer. Finally, after purchasing 4 m of thin textured denim a few years ago,  I made my mind to sew trousers, this skirt and also have an idea to make a kind of classic denim jacket from the rest of this pink fabric. The trousers were made last summer, the skirt was ready in autumn, and I planned to take photo of me in it when the jacket is sewed. However, having tried on the garment these days, I decided there is no sense to postpone the photo session as right now I can wear control top tights under the skirt to have it zipped on me, but hardly will do it in summer:-)



Рожева асиметрична спідниця олівець


Цю спідницю 125 з Burda 5/2012 я планувала пошити з часів купівлі журналу, але щось ніяк не могла вирішити, з якої тканини я собі її уявляю, адже вона мала бути з легкої тканини з еластаном годної для носіння влітку. Зрештою, придбавши декілька років тому 4 м тонкого фактурного джинсу, я одразу подумала, що пошию з нього штани, цю спідницю та ще хочеться більш менш класичного джинсового крою жакетик. Штани вже є, спідницю пошила ще восени і думала фотографуватися коли вже і жакет буде готовий, проте примірявши її минулого тижня, вирішила, що фотосесію немає куди відкладати, бо зараз можу під спідницю одягнути утягуючи колготки, щоб вона таки застібнулася, але навряд чи буду робити це влітку :-)


The fabric is easy to work with so the sewing was quick and went by the instruction. The only thing I added - top stitched the top edge facing.



З такою тканиною працювати легко, тож пошиття було швидким і йшло за інструкцією. Єдине, що я додала - відстрочила обшивку верхнього краю.



I don't know if the skirt fits me in summer but really like the design, it suits my style and pair well with blouse made specially to match this skirt. 



Не знаю чи влізу я в спідницю влітку, але мені справді подобається її крій, вона точно вписується в мій стиль і добре комбінується з блузкою пошитою спеціально до цієї спідниці.

No comments:

Post a Comment