About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 March 2016

Antique Rose, or When Curiosity Doesn't Kill :-)

While checking if I remember the proverb about that curious cat properly, I learnt that it has a witty reply. And I must admit this latter expresses the exact idea of what I was going to write. So in full it sounds curiosity kills the cat but satisfaction brings it back. Curiosity was a basic push to make this project indeed. I simply bought funny pellet beads just because wondered why they are called "diabolo" and all the rest piled up around them like a snowball :-)
So in this project I had to do nothing - the variety of beads and +Moonrose creation with her design did all the job. I even had no need to invent myself the name of  the project - just called it by after the used rivoli's colour "antique rose":-))


Старомодна ружа, або Як не втратити носа від цікавості :-)


Поки я перечитувала прислів'я про допитливість, неважко було помітити, що переважно  вони нас все ж таки заохочують до отримання досвіду чи знань, але як відомо, іноді можна і носа втрати, як та Варвара :-) Отже, до чого ж тут мої нові сережки? Все просто, цікавість - головна причина їхньої появи. Я просто купила без певної мети цікаві намистини (перекладати назви не буду) "pellet" лише через те, що мені стало цікаво, чому це вони називаються "diabolo", ну а все решта накопичилося навколо них, як сніговий ком :-)
Тому в цьому проекті мені нічого і робити не довелося - розмаїття намистин та дизайн +Moonrose creation зробили все за мене. Мені навіть вигадувати назву для сережок не треба було. Я просто назвала їх за кольором використаного ріволі - "антикварна троянда (ружа)" :-)


The first step - beading a rivoli. If you still need the tutorial, there are a lot of videos, but for the purity of the experiment this time I used this one in Italian (I understand only what they do and not what they say but I guess one or two more Italian tutorials and I learnt how to count:-)) My materials: rivoli 14 cm, 11.0 and 15.0. It was the first time when, because of curiosity I used 11.0, they are not Chinese but they are of awful quality, I had to re-make one of the READY earrings twice because the seed beads broke at the final steps of work, there were so many harmed seed beads that I had to check almost all of them and they broke anyway in the process. Hardly the cat could survive at this step :-)

Перший етап - обплетення ріволі. Якщо тобі для цього все ще потрібний МК, то є багато відео. Але цього разу для чистоти експерименту, я скористалась цим, італійською мовою (я розумію, лише що вони роблять, а не те, що кажуть, але ще два-три таких МК і вже напевно навчуся рахувати італійською :-)) Мої матеріали: 14 мм ріволі, бісер 11.0 і 15.0. Перший раз і лише через цікавість я використовувала 11.0. Він не китайський (який у нас чомусь всі зневажають), але жахливої якості: двічі одну з вже ГОТОВИХ сережок довелося переробляти, тому що бісер раптом ламався майжн на фініші, було так багато бракованих бісерин, що мала майже весь перевірити і все одно вони ламалися в процесі (Варвара тут була дуже близька до втрати носа:-))




All the rest was made by this tutorial.




Все решта було зроблено за цим майстер класом.





To embellish the hooks I removed the springs and added two seed beads on each of them.






Щоб прикрасити гачки, я зрізала пружинки і додала на кожний по дві бісерини.



Right after finishing the work I thought  this colour style reminds that one from my previous projects but as if that spring garden grew up and became mature... probably that's why this rose is antique...

Вже по закінченні роботи я подумала, що кольорова гама сережок нагадує фарби попереднього набору, але як наче той весняний сад подорослішав і став зрілим... мабуть тому ця троянда - старомодна...

2 comments:

  1. Ой, яка краса! Не думаю, що троянда старомодна, вона якась загадкова!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дякую! Мені подобається визначення! Якщо ти не проти, позичу назву для якоїсь наступної троянди, бо весь час повертаюся до цієї квітки!

      Delete