About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 December 2015

Twin Bezel for 12 mm Rivoli or Mesmerizing Shine (earrings)

I was focusing on making the bezels so much that even had no ideas for the name of the ready earrings. So headed to one of my colleagues who always has awesome words to describe my pieces of beading to know how she sees these components. Her opinion was univocal - they are like magic flowers... I don't mind calling them in this way... Obviously whatever I make, flowers appear anyway... it is just hypnosis of some kind :-)

Як оплести ріволі на 12 см, або Гіпнотичне Сяйво (сережки)

Була настільки зосереджена на оплетінні ріволі, що не мала жодних ідей для назви сережок. То попрямувала до однієї з моїх колежанок, яка завжди має гарні емоції і слова для опису моїх рукотворів. Її думка була однозначною - це якісь магічні квіти... Я не проти так їх назвати... Отже, щоб я не робила, завжди виходять квіти... просто якийсь гіпноз :-)


So why I was so focusing. My task was to make a twin bezel for 12 mm rivoli. Neither the size nor the material are very popular. Actually I had two taskes - 12 mm and 27 mm rivolis but details about the bigger one will be later. 
What I wanted to make I found here. The problem was - superduo beads are not very available here and not affodable for me anyway so I substitute them for twins and I only could find 12 mm rivolis. So had to change the tutorial in some way. These are my final materials (charlottes 15 are missed but they will be enough on the following pictures): twins of two colours ( I couldn't decide which of them match the rivoli better so used the both ulternately), sead beads 10, rivolis and drops miyuki.

І чим же це я була така заклопотана. Мені потрібно було оплести твінами ріволі на 12 мм. Ані розмір, ані матеріал не є дуже популярними. Друге завдання оплести ріволі на 27 мм, але про це я розповім пізніше.
Що мені хотілося зробити, я знайшла тут. Проблема в тому, що супер дуо намистини знайти важко, та і в будь-якому випадку я собі їх не можу дозволити, тому я їх замінила на твіни, а ріволі лише змогла знайти на 12 мм. Ось і довелося  змінити МК. На фото всі мої матеріали (крім "шарлотти" № 15, але їх буде багато на наступних світлинах): твіни двох кольорів (не змогла вирішити, який краще пасуватиме до ріволі, тому використовувала обидва по черзі), бісер № 10,  дропси міюкі і ріволі.


I followed the instructions but started with 10 twinns locked in the ring and finished with alternations of twin and seed beads 10; joined the drops with charlottes 15 (I wish somebody told me the needle 12 wouldn't pass throught their hole!!!).

Все робила за інструкцією, тільки роботу почала з кільця з 10 твінів, а закінчила чергуванням твінів і бісеру № 10; дропси приєднувала разом з "шарлоттою" №15 (хотіла б я, щось хтось попередив, що моя голка № 12 не пролазить крізь їхній отвір!!!).


                                         7 such elements were made and two of them were used for the earrings.

                                         Таких елементів було зроблено 7 і два з них пішли на сережки.

No comments:

Post a Comment