About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 April 2016

Antique Rose (pendant)


Among all the preparations to Easter celebration and the fuss of the approaching end of a school year I suddenly decided to make a pendant to pair these earrings. The outfit, they are meant to be a match, is still just a distant project so I had no reason to be in hurry to finish it at all but I felt a want for some kind of stop and stay calm and silent. Instead I also could cry gratuitously for a little but that is so unproductive - to make a pendant is much better:-))



Старомодна троянда (кулон)

Посеред приготувань до святкування Великодня та метушні наближення кінця навчального року мені раптом захотілося зробити кулон в пару до цих сережок. Вбрання, до якого вони призначенні, поки все ще залишається невизначеним майбутнім проектом, тому поспішати, щоб закінчити набір, не було жодного сенсу. Мабуть я відчула якусь потребу в зупинці та  в спокої і тиші на якусь мить. Ну, звісно, можна було і сісти та безпричинно поплакати, але ж це зовсім не продуктивно - зробити кулон набагато краще :-))




When all the materials are gathered, to make such a piece takes not much time. I used the pattern Larla Pendant 2 from Kovacs Eva (the name's spelling  is different but the designer is so talented and popular that you easily find her site and patterns in the Internet).
As I had 14 mm rivoli istead of the required 16 mm and started its beading with 36 seed beads so in the end my pendant has nine repeats of the motif instead of the designer's ten. Besides, instead of 4 mm pearls in the last row I added one 11.0, one Miyuki drop, one 11.0. I also had to omit the final embellishment with 15.0 because my 11.0 are so fragile that I just wanted to prevent myself from re-making the pendant if one of them would break as it had happened with the earrings.





Коли всі матеріали зібрано, зробити таку прикрасу не займе багато часу. Я використала модель Larla Pendant 2 від Kovacs Eva (ім'я пишуть по різному, але дизайнерка така талановита і популярна, що знайти її сайт та моделі в Інтернеті дуже легко).
Оскільки мій ріволі - 14 мм замість необхідного 16 мм, то його обплетення я почала з 36 бісерин і тому в кінці роботи замість десяти повторів мотива кулона у мене - дев'ять. Крім того, замість 4 мм перлин в останньому ряду я додала одну бісерину 11.0, один дроп  Miyuki, одну бісерину 11.0. Я також не стала робити кінцеве оздоблення бісером 15.0 тому що мій бісер 11.0 дуже крихкий і тому просто вирішила уникнути повторної роботи, якщо б одна з тих рожевих бісерин зламалась, як це трапилося з сережками.




To wear the pendant I chose a simple cotton lace to hang it on.






Шоб носити кулон, я просто повісила його на простий бавовняний шнурок. 

No comments:

Post a Comment