About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

25 September 2016

Beaded Donut Bead, or When the Shape Matters


Last few weeks made me feel as if all my creativity and desires are exhausted. I don't remember if regular teleportation from holidays to work causes the same state every year but this time it had some crucial influence indeed. Hundreds of watched videos and printed projects of all the ever interesting for me needlework left me indifferent until I came across the photo of Incased Donut by Glenda Payseno.
And suddenly I remembered that when choosing the beads for this necklace last year I bought 5 donut beads. The light in the store was not too good for selling beads so I expected the donuts to be terracotta but on bringing them home I saw they were red and matched that project in no way. So the beads were buried in the bottom of one of my stash boxes. But as red plays magically always, last night I found the beads, matched оther materials and at once made my own net to bead the first donut bead. I haven't decided yet how will use the new beads but I am just glad I still love my needlework and have new ideas again.



Оплетена "пампушка", або Коли форма має значення


Останні декілька тижнів здавалося, що вся  моя творча наснага і бажання вичерпані назавжди. Не пам'ятаю, чи регулярна телепортація з канікул на роботу спричиняє такий самий стан щороку, але цього разу вона мала якийсь і справді критичний вплив. Сотні переглянутих відео і друкованих проектів усіх видів рукотворів, якими я хоч колись цікавилась, залишали мене байдужою поки я не натрапила на фото "Incased Donut" від Glenda Payseno.
І раптом згадала, що обираючи матеріали для цього намиста минулого року, я купила п'ять намистин  donut (від "doughnut" - пампушка). Крамниця була погано освітлена для торгівлі намистинами і  "пампушки" здалися мені теракотовими, а вже дома виявилося, що вони червоні і жодним чином не підходять для того намиста. Тому ті намистини продовжили своє існування на дні однієї з моїх коробок. Але  оскільки червоний завжди грає магічно, вчора ввечері  я знайшла ті "пампушки", підібрала інші матеріали і одразу ж зробила власну сітку для обплетення першого доната. Я ще не вирішила, що робитиму з новими намистинами, але принаймні я рада, що все ще люблю мої рукотвори і у мене знову з'являються ідеї.


How to is here, in a short video /  Як зробити тут, у коротенькому відео.


In the video I used the word "doughnut" instead of "donut", I don't think it is a beading crime and hope you don't either:-)

У відео замість слова "donut" я використала слово "doughnut", не думаю, що це злочин проти нанизування і сподіваюсь, що ти теж так вважаєш:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment