About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 September 2016

Dried Rose Petals Earrings


After writing the title for the post it crossed my mind that I even hadn't think about the name for the project and just used the name of the beads from which it is made... Either I am tired or crazy... or both together:-)
The shape of the fringe part of the earrings remind me the way people save tobacco. The gathered in bunches leaves as if string on wood boards and hang around to dry. And then they look as leaf garlands that decorate the abodes marking the end of the harvest time. As I only saw that in reality in Azerbaijan, the earrings turned out to be the obvious continuation of my East Trace theme:-)

Висушені пелюстки троянди (сережки)

Щойно написавши заголовок допису зрозуміла, що навіть і не замислювалась про назву для цього проекту, а просто використала назву намистин, з яких його зроблено... або я втомилась, або збожеволіла... або те і те разом :-)
Форма бахромчатої частини сережок нагадує мені процес збереження тютюну. Пучки зібраного листя як наче нанизують на дерев'яні дошки і розвішують навколо для сушки. І в такому вигляді листя виглядає як гірлянди, що прикрашають оселі на відзнаку закінчення часу збору врожаю. Оскільки в реальному житті я таке бачила лише в Азербайджані, то сережки виявляються очевидним продовженням моєї східної теми:-)





Beautiful and intricate pattern Yafa Petal Earrings by Penny Dixon design is from Beadwork 08/09 2013 magazine. The sizes of my materials are almost the same but instead of 11/0 I used 10/0 seed beads and my 15/0 of one colour. I chose red rose petals beads and this 91240 colour seemed to be a little disappointing but when the earrings were ready, the petals got  delicate transparent and glowing look and thus combined very well with the bicones and firepolished beads.
The bezel part seemed to be a little fragile comparing with the fringe so I reinforced it with extra weaving.




Красива і заплутана модель Yafa Petal Earrings від Penny Dixon з журналу Beadwork 08/09 2013. Розміри мого бісеру майже ті самі, але замість бісеру 11/0 я використала бісер 10/0 і мій 15/0 одного кольору. Обрала червоні пелюстки і цей колір 91240 спочатку трохи розчарував, але коли сережки вже були готові, проявилась ледь помітна прозорість і дуже делікатне світіння пелюсток і це дуже добре поєдналося із сяянням біконусів і намистин firepolished.
Верхня частина здалася мені якоюсь надто крихкою в порівнянні з бахромою, тому я її зміцнила додатковими протягуваннями ниток.

I liked both the process of beading the earrings and the result and surely I will be wearing them with pleasure.


Мені сподобався і процес плетіння сережок і результат і впевнена, що і носитиму їх із задоволенням.



No comments:

Post a Comment